drum samples on ebay

Q

Quiet Storm

I was looking at some sample cds on ebay and theres guys selling cds with the all the kicks and snares that kanye, just blaze, dr.dre, rza, and scott storch use.
D you guys think these samples would be any good? I mean how would they be able to get a good clean kick or snare or whatever out of the songs like that.

I was wondering if it was possible to get
a few hundred good kicks, snares, and other percussion sounds off some kanye west tracks or some scott storch tracks. It seems like it would be hard to get that many clean samples. I just wanna know because that is what they are trying to sell.

I was wondering the same thing to when I seen the cds. Now if they were selling a mixture of different producer's sounds on one disc it wouldn't be a problem but all on one disc and theres over 300 sounds I don't know about that one. If you buy the cd let me know how it sounds.

Don't believe the hype...

99% of the time the drum library has little to nothing to do with the Producer who's face they've slapped on from of the package. Over the course of about 1 year I've downloaded every demo from "hip hop drum" shop out there and guess what...

Many of the same sounds are the same!

I suggest running a search and dowload the demos from all the top sites. Pretty soon you'll notice you've got about 1000 sounds (way more than you'll ever need), some of which have been labled Timbo, Neptune, or Kanye drums.

My library is rather extensive and having never paid for a drum in my life I can't imagine that there are some magical new drums on the disk that you'll actually have to pay for.

Then again, I'm a cheap azz, so don't take my word for it.

Brav'

Bravo you are about right b/c the majority of the sounds they are selling they have taking from cds they have bought and sounds they have downloaded on the internet and then call it Alchemist, Kanye West, ectt sounds. Thats one reason why I was so skeptical about purchasing the cds. I appreciate the insight its useful to me and I hope everyone eles who's in the same boat as me and the poster of this thread.

so far it seems like "kicks and snars site" is the best for drums, im not a big fan of bargin beats, the kits from todays beats are nice, i got this one disk of drums a friend of mine was sellin, i did his cover for him and he gave me the whole CD and their nice, ummm modernbeats neptunes col 1,2,3 are good but thats it, maybe their percustion set.
just get the demos on all the sites from yahoo search and try the demos and hear the demos as well and if u like them then contact them and ask them if what u hear from the demos is what ur gonna hear from the samples u buy and if they say yes then save the e-mail cos if not then u can ask for ur money back or do somthing to **** em up lol

Some of them even use the disclaimer...

Sampled in the style of *insert fav producer here*

That doesn't mean that the went and copped The College Dropout album and sampled all the open drum shots.

I don't think Kanye even has any open drum sections in any of his beats.

Bravo(1) said:

That doesn't mean that the went and copped The College Dropout album and sampled all the open drum shots.

I don't think Kanye even has any open drum sections in any of his beats.

thats what im sayin dog, i cant imagine how they would do that. It seems to good to be true. I'll just tweak my presets.

Back