Does a asr 10 have a few better sampling abilities than todays samplers?

dmajor100

Let me go threw a list of samplers i already have maschine,battery, and motif xx and i love them all to death but still wondering about older models. Ive seen kanye sample on a asr 10 saying you can sample 61 chops on the kdys with out usinv any memory and if this is true that might be enough for me to buy one especially fir sampling and processinv drums on. I love maschines quick samplinv but it only gives me 16 pads of samples and if i wanted more selection of samples while im trying to arrange a pattern im limited to only those 16 pads. Battery i use for creating and editinb drums so its not my go to for sampled beats of course. i dont have my dimm chip for my motif so i cant really speak on it but sure its not that dedicated to sampling. So on a asr10 can i actually chop 61 parts and quickly assign on keys and lose no memory and structure banging drum kits that can not be done in other software?

The ASR has a nice way of handling multiple chops from one sample (which is what you already mentioned). Other than that I don't believe so.

re

its more for the sound of it and workflow than for the the features of the asr. Almost any softsampler is way more powerful today.

No it doesn't. And that feature isn't unique to the ASR10. If thats the only feature u care about save yourself $300-$400 and cop an EPS classic. The OS are identical but the EPS is mono 12 bit and has no fx vs the asr 10 which is stereo 16 bit and has a ton of fx

Better sampling abilities......no
Give you a example. Try to Time Streatch a 2 bar sample on the ASR it will take hours.

What about running your drums threw it, ive heard and read a few posts that the asr gives drums a different color but not sure if ya can do the same with pkug in effects. If not for,sampling ability and,just for the sound is the ars 10 worth it or is it nit worth the trouble,of having more cludder. Theres gotta be a reason why toomp,timbo,alchamist, neptunes,and even todays too oroducers have machines for so long. was thinking about getting a mpc 2000xl but if maschine is doing things the same and better why get it right. I much more have better sounding drums

Last edited:
What about running your drums threw it, ive heard and read a few posts that the asr gives drums a different color but not sure if ya can do the same with pkug in effects. If not for,sampling ability and,just for the sound is the ars 10 worth it or is it nit worth the trouble,of having more cludder. Theres gotta be a reason why toomp,timbo,alchamist, neptunes,and even todays too oroducers have machines for so long. was thinking about getting a mpc 2000xl but if maschine is doing things the same and better why get it right. I much more have better sounding drums

Im not sure how many of those guys are still using that hardware. I hear Alchemist went mpc a few years ago. I see all kinds of pics of Pharell with an Axiom running logic. Timbo has been seen with midi controllers for a few years now too. Hardware is awesome but I think software makes life easier.

So the asr 10 is obselete at this point compared plug ins that could give me the same results? Ive never heard one so thats why im asking if the filters are what ppl say they are

Back