does anyone have a xp-50,mpc setup

bass-sickz

im having trouble gettin them to play togethere,i have them sync wit the mpc 1000 as the master but its like when i record from the xp as soon as i go to put another instrument down it replaces the old one,even when i try 2 put it on another track its like i can only use one instrument any advice

Haven't used that keyboard in awhile but,I'll try and help.First off make sure the keyboard is in Multi.(check under the midi section) Now go to the seq and set up your voices and make sure your Mp matches midi channels and this should get you running.

^^^ any info for the guy there or you just going to tease him .......

Yeah sorry i aint mean to cut it off like that im not actually at my set up now. so i can't give info in detail, i forgot how exactly how connect the actual cords, just do in/out out/in to be safe, but the xp has to be in program mode i belive, you have to go thru all the different kits, and c hange the patch 1-16 for each sound, and make sure u make the corresponding changes wit the mp.. like i said i know this may not be as detaild as it should be but ill get back once i look everything over

Don't have this setup,but I do use a Triton...sometimes with MPC 2K...I have to put my triton in sequencer mode...this allows me to assign each of the 16 midi channels (triton) to different tracks in the MPC's seq, thus keeping the sounds from changing as I move on to another sound...You have to assign each track its appropiate MIDI channel in the MPC...Hope this is of some assistance...

Back