dirt cheap random gear finds..

8krom

Mmnnn, SLAMMIN' BEETS!!
Just curious what any gear headz have stumbled across for stupid cheap that turned out to be some of your favorite gear?? I Love random whacky devices that turn out to be really useful in my music.. here are some of my finds..

Baldwin Funmachine.. $10 bux!!! with manuals and FunMan Comic!! Thanks Salvation Army
Casio CZ1000 $15 bux courtesy of Goodwill (sold this last year for $100 but I miss it!!)
Tama Techstar 305 analog drum module $15 bux.. EBAY
Optigan $175 not too cheap.. but cheap for a working one.. with 15 disks and manual, delivered too!!
TX16W sampler with tons of disks (I mean tons!) $25 bux
Synsonics drums.. I have 3, each were less than $5 bux..
AceTone Rythm Ace 5 bux!! another goodwill find (I miss the east coast :()

I probably have a bunch more...just can't think of them right now.. how about the rest of you gear heads??

Last edited:
the only thing wrong with it battery backup was toast, so I could never save anything sounds. Other than that, next to perfect. I bet someone saw "Casio" and said "Thats worth nothing, give it to Goodwill"
I had a 101 which I used a lot, and never got around to getting the 1000 in my setup. I miss the pads those can make.. evolving over minutes.. I dont think people know how truly amazing those are, they just buy em cause they see people talking about them on the internets..

Yeah man. I found out about the CZ1 and the 101 and the 1000 like a few days ago by mistake. I saw a dude playing the 101 on a youtube video. Very dark and full bodied sound.

do yourself a favor and get one if you can.. either one, the presets are ok.. all 16 of them.. but what you can do if you take the time to program is nuts.. analog sounds... I had an awesome 303 style patch.. thick pads.. video game sounds.. so under rated.. **** I should shut up.. probably just added 50 bux to the next one that turns up!! haha.. these things suk.. not worth the midi cables plugged into them!!

I got a dx7 from a thriftstore for 12 bucks worked fine i flipped it on ebay. When i lived in mobile after katrina hit 2 of my firends got sent to prison for selling gas straight from the truck they delivered for by a huge comapny ( wont say the name ) and they had a small studio i bought a gemini tt , mpc 2000xl , about 1000 records , a yamaha su700 , some mics and other things for 600.00 bucks. I have sold most of it because i dint need it but i could not pass up the deal.

8krom said:
Just curious what any gear headz have stumbled across for stupid cheap that turned out to be some of your favorite gear?? I Love random whacky devices that turn out to be really useful in my music.. here are some of my finds..

Baldwin Funmachine.. $10 bux!!! with manuals and FunMan Comic!! Thanks Salvation Army
Casio CZ1000 $15 bux courtesy of Goodwill (sold this last year for $100 but I miss it!!)
Tama Techstar 305 analog drum module $15 bux.. EBAY
Optigan $175 not too cheap.. but cheap for a working one.. with 15 disks and manual, delivered too!!
TX16W sampler with tons of disks (I mean tons!) $25 bux
Synsonics drums.. I have 3, each were less than $5 bux..
AceTone Rythm Ace 5 bux!! another goodwill find (I miss the east coast :()

I probably have a bunch more...just can't think of them right now.. how about the rest of you gear heads??

:cheers: thats whats up!

I always wanted to take my chance on some cheap gear. I got this lil yamaha joint from when I was like 3 years old and that lil sucka had some cool sounds I'd like to have now, but it went out on me right before I started dis producin.

But I got dat dere fantom X and a SKB flight case wit the weels and ERTHANG for 1055 solid.

Right here of FP!
:cheers:

MimikOctopus said:
Back in college my roomate found a mint TB-303 for like 10 bucks at a garage sale. Still has it I think.

He would of been mia and i would have had a new tb-303 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a MPC 1000 right after they dropped. So people hated it with akai 1.7 os.Anyways I got it for 150. Just sold it for 550...Miss it though...Night buy a new black one with the pads

I don't have any insane deals but i've found some good deals.

Asr 10-$325 shipped w/ a nice hard case
Akai S2000-$35 (no extras though)
Tannoy Reveals-$300
Lexicon mpx 100-$50

Then i always end up with dj stuff for cheap. I got a pyrimid mixer (crap) and a stanton sk 6f for free. A brand new stanton sk one for $30 new at a store.

So, although i haven't made a killing on one peice, i've found a bunch for cheap, many things i just see what they do, learn them, sell them, come out with cash and knowledge. That's why i always try to keep money aside to find those deals. One i'm out of school and have a legit income, i plan to start buying and seling audio equipment, partly for fun, partly for money.

nice.. I am kicking my ass for dropping my cz's when I moved to Maui.. the prices people want for those now are ridiculous.. I found one on craigslist for 500 bux.. granted it had 5 carts.. but 500 bux?? omfg

I had a moog (under realistic) Concertmate MG-1 that I got for FREE ! A cat i used to work with got ahold of it somewhere or other and just asked me one day "Yo, I know you into music, I got this old keyboard sitting at my house u want it ?" And me of course... I never pass up ne thing free so I took it and was shocked when I realized what it was...lol. I ended up selling it for $400..but I miss it :(

Back