Cpyright sounds!! /// Loops & Samples?

R

Rick J

Ah Man.... I have a RS7000
It s****... All the sounds are copyrighted, so you can't save it as wave. Gotta read every loop or sample in my computer, then cut it with programs, transfer it via Smart media Card in my Rs....
You can't even use the User-Sounds (Grand Piano, Violin, Trumpet etc...) and export it!!!
i mean I can hook it to my computer and record it while the rs is playing but the quality is pretty bad!!!

(most of the RS sounds aren't very high quality!)

Is there another way? (only Legal ways... hehe)
I have to download and buy more samples... I only got about a Gig'!

Loops & Samples

Do you know any very high quality trumpet/bass samples on the Internet???

Do you know any high quality Sample & Loop CDs??

Thx for all the advices!!

Rick J

why don't you buy a few SAMPLE CDs? They are full of stuff you can freely use in your production.

go to any music store and ask the guys to order sample cds.. they should have a catalog to choose from.

They run between 20 and 100 dollars a disc (sometimes more), and are very high quality.

You can find both "loop based cds" and also "mapped instruments" (mapped instr. are not making any melodies, you use the instruments to write yoru own music)

good luck

you mean all the sounds on the RS7000 are copyrighted? The ones that come with it? What kind of crap is that? You should at least get a users license with the thing. What's the point of having preset sounds if you can't use them? That's crap.

but anyway...
yeah, go for sample CDs. They can get expensive though. For really good ones, that is. Especially orchestral CDs.

Thanx for the advices...

It is crap that u can't use the preset sounds... not even the sounds from the tonegenerator... either im so dumb and doing somethin wrong or it really can't be used... first of all i have to buy more RAM... I only have 8 Megs!! Then I'll buy some sample cd's!!

BUT CAN SOMEBODY CONFIRM THAT U CAN'T USE THE PRESET AND USER-SOUNDS???
otherwise Im pretty dumb!

Rick:D

i dont think they are...
who posted this rumour in the first place? i saw this posted all over the place...

cant be true

Ihave a technical question.
At http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gTGN00005RS7000
Yamaha describes its specification.

Synthesis and On-Board Sounds The RS7000 features a 62-voice AWM2 tone generator with over 1,000 onboard ROM-based synth voices and 63 drum kit sounds. etc...

Now my question: I know a lot of people that don't like Yamaha because they say, you can't use any of the onboard voices neither can you use the drum kits and save them as a wav-format to Smart Media Card 64MB.
Is that true? Can't you save the onboard voices to SMC? What do you have to do in order to save them, or are they all copyrighted?

Thanx in Advance

Back