Beat Thang?

I'm not sure about why there's so much hate for a unit admittedly few people have tried! I'm actually still quite interested; it looks like it has a couple of really cool performance features. One obstacle is the price though (still too high for me). The glitches people have reported (a bunch from what I remember reading) have to do with the accompanying software.

It really would be great for a couple of BT owners to give us some info on the nitty gritty (a little more than a single pad-pushing video)...

GJ

the sp 606 :berzerk: if i can have one back in the day...
the bugs i've got with the BT : 1% ,a digital noise on the sound , don't find how to resolve , needs to restart
other 1% the pitch is going mad , needs to play with the pitch wheel and it stops

the sp 606 :berzerk: if i can have one back in the day...

I still have it set up with my older gear in the lab...it was def a headache to use and I should've just copped an MPC, but it was a gift from an ex.

Def wanted the Beat Thang when it first came out, but I just don't see enough tutorials on it and don't know anyone who has it. There are more tutorials about single vsts than there are Beat Thang.

Plus, I can't see myself saying Thang with my equipment.

I'm not sure about why there's so much hate for a unit admittedly few people have tried! I'm actually still quite interested; it looks like it has a couple of really cool performance features. One obstacle is the price though (still too high for me). The glitches people have reported (a bunch from what I remember reading) have to do with the accompanying software.

Seriously. If it functions well as a groovebox I'd probably pick one up on the strength. On the other hand I don't want to pick one up and be disappointed by it crashing mid beat 30-90% of the time. (Or experience other unpredictable weird behavior, etc.) That's just unacceptable. Read the top reviews on amazon: Amazon.com: BKE Tech Beat Thang: Musical Instruments They make it sound super unpredictable and a risky investment..

It really would be great for a couple of BT owners to give us some info on the nitty gritty (a little more than a single pad-pushing video)...

GJ

I second this.

you actually want us to say it crashes all the time , it's not right , when you know the button function , it's stable but for a beginner it might be disappointed

I was looking at the Beat Thang but then I thought why not just upgrade my old Akai with some sparkly rainbow pony stickers and glitter paint.....same thang.

I was looking at the Beat Thang but then I thought why not just upgrade my old Akai with some sparkly rainbow pony stickers and glitter paint.....same thang.

IDK.

I'm super curious about the export process.

If it does a batch export of stems (each pad bounced/rendered to individual wav's) then it easily trumps the old Akai's IMO.

you actually want us to say it crashes all the time...

Actually - no we don't.

What we do want is for someone to list the issues and how often they happen. Because no one in their right mind wants to pay $600 to be a beta tester.

Also an in depth list of details regarding the features would be nice.

....basic stuff that should be provided with any device...

you got 3 process
1-pad : export all the pads
2-live : export what you're playing
3-mixdown: export your sequence w/ all the mute or solo
you can choose 16 or 24 bits
it works like that but with the os 1.3.1 there's the option i state

Last edited:
Back