Thread: ASR X Pro/ASR-10

Thanks

ASR X Pro/ASR-10

Sign in to disable this ad
    What up FP...it's been years since I've been on here. Anyhow...I just picked up an ASR X PRO and plan to buy the ASR 10( just because I wanted it long ago), are the floppy disk interchangeable...will an ASR X/ PRO disk work with the Asr 10 or any of the other keyboards?

Never had an ENSONIQ machine before so I'm asking if anyone can enlighten me before I purchase all these floppy disk.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Converting ASR-10 formatted floppy disks to another sampler

Greetings to all fellow future producers . I've been going on this site for a long time now but I've finally decided to make an account. This is my first post so please don't judge me. I have a shit ton of floppy disks that are formatted for the ASR-10 but recently I bought an EPS16+. I've been wondering if there is any possible way I can convert these disks to work on an EPS16+ or an MPC. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophacy View Post
    What up FP...it's been years since I've been on here. Anyhow...I just picked up an ASR X PRO and plan to buy the ASR 10( just because I wanted it long ago), are the floppy disk interchangeable...will an ASR X/ PRO disk work with the Asr 10 or any of the other keyboards?

Never had an ENSONIQ machine before so I'm asking if anyone can enlighten me before I purchase all these floppy disk.
    x

Thanks in advance!
    From Syntaur,com...
    "The ASR-X Pro should load and translate sample disks from the Ensoniq ASR-10, EPS, and EPS-16 Plus without any trouble - though frequently patch selects and other programming do not translate perfectly. The ASR-X will translate these sounds as well, but only if you are running the correct Operating System. OS version 1.1 allowed the ASR-X to read ASR-10 HD floppy disks, but not EPS or EPS-16 Plus double-density disks. OS 2.55 or higher enables the ASR-X to read double-density EPS and EPS-16 Plus disks."

Last edited by JUKE179r; 05-29-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | AKAI MPC2000XL, 4000, 3000LE | Roland MV-8800, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Technics SL-1200GLD | 4000+ vinyl records

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameJohnson909 View Post
    Greetings to all fellow future producers . I've been going on this site for a long time now but I've finally decided to make an account. This is my first post so please don't judge me. I have a shit ton of floppy disks that are formatted for the ASR-10 but recently I bought an EPS16+. I've been wondering if there is any possible way I can convert these disks to work on an EPS16+ or an MPC. Is this possible?
    The ASR disks will work on an EPS. You'll need a program like "Translator" to change the ASR files to Akai MPC files (SND or WAV).
    MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | AKAI MPC2000XL, 4000, 3000LE | Roland MV-8800, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Technics SL-1200GLD | 4000+ vinyl records

Thread Information