Asr-x!!! Ensoniq:the sequencer

B

B Unit

Ive been sittin here in my room for a while now playin the ASr-x black box and im lovin it.

Id like to know TWO things.
the first is, does any one know the sequencer in and out or really well because i need to know how to get my drums to swing perfectly...i can bang it out on the pads perfect the way i want it to sound now i just want to get it like that in the sequencer. i see how you can make your own quanitze template up to 64 notes and adjust swing from 50 to 74 percent. and other stuff that i dont know what it does under the custom quantize. the 3 pre set swing templates are ok but honestly i need to be able to make it swing awesome like for example the song "take it personal" by Gangstarr. it goes boom boom boom boom click boom boom click...it swings. anyone know how to set the asr swing for that? or how bout on the quasimoto the unseen cd track 2 called "bad character" the opening drums goes snare kick-kick, snare-snare kick-kick,....im not asking how to recreate these songs haha im just using them as examples of the way i want to use the asr-x.

the other thing is really really important.....how do you chain sequences together??? song mode maybe??? how do you make a drum loop then make a different drum loop and make them play one after another. like have a intro a verse then a chorus and all that! im gonna work into the night tonight and figure out as much as i can on my own.

you can either join the patterns in song mode or "append" the patterns. If you want a new sequence, just hit the select sequence button and turn the left rotor encoder to the left. It will ask you to "create new sequence?" and then hit "yes". You can try and push back your cymbals/ kicks or snare back a few ticks for a more real sound.

I havn't touched my X in a long time, however, I think I used to set my quantize on 1/16 triplets and that worked really well for me, so you might try that.

Back