ASR 10 and EPSDISK Issue's

peterparker510

I've looked every where and haven't found any answers. Hopefully somebody can help me out here. I keep getting errors with EPSDISK (and I KNOW im not the only one).

I'm running an XP machine. I've downloaded the Win 98 boot disk and have gotten it to boot up fine. I am also able to format the disks ok for the most part. I keep getting errors when trying to W)rite a .efe file. One error I get says "General Failure Reading Device A:" Then it gives me an option to A)bort, R)etry, F)ail.

The 2nd error I get while trying to write a .efe is Format Error (with a number, not the same number each time)

The 3rd error I get at times is "Could Not Expand File".

My mind has been fried for the past week searching for answers. So if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Also has anybody heard of Omniflop? If so, does it have the capability to write .efe files?

Thanks again

asr10 trouble

yea man im caching hell with this asr10 my self.i want to use it so badly but i cant cause i have no scsi cant find one nowhere and i cant write my as10 files to a floppy i can format SOMETIMES but i cant write the files to floppy disk help me before i threw this thing on the floor

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You can format files? been trying to do that forever!

flame mccain, you can get an SCSI slot if you have a card reader.

Thats about all I can say...

I think most Ensoniq users are used to recording the Out.

unless they have masterminded a way to eff with the format options or..

I tried to use EPSDISK.exe from Win98bootdisk without success.
I use a physical floppy drive (not external, not USB, etc.)!
Once my PC is booted with Win98 bootdisk, then I can run EPSDISK and even to use few commands: (F)ormat, (D)irectory. But whatever I do, I always get error when trying to (C)opy or (W)rite.
Before booting to Win98, I copied an .GKH file on the diskette, so that when I'm under Win98 boot, EPSDISK to see this file and to copy it to an Ensoniq ASR 10 formatted diskette. Did the same with .EFE file. No any success!!!
What am I doing wrong? Are gkh or efe files copied to the virtual RAM that Win98bootdisk created? Once EPSDISK is started, how to make it see and recognize the files that need to be written to an ASR formatted diskette?
I read EPSDISK ReadMe.txt too many times and I really don't see what is wrong.
Please, anyone, explain step-by-step what and how to do, so that .GKH and .EFE files can be copied/written do ASR formatted diskette once EPSDISK runs under Win98bootdisk! Do I need to put the GKH and EFE files in a special directory? I put them in the Win98bootdisk diskette. Or do I need some special DOS command?
Big thanks in advance!

Back