Any Yamaha QY700 Users?

from24c

Hello there.

Any QY700/QY300 users out there that can help me?

Is there a way I can get my midi files to my computer via my Yamaha QY700? Is there a way I can use the QY's floppy disk in my computer and get the files?

Let me know please!

- Simon

If you don't know how to do a MIDI dump you can slave your QY to your software sequencer and record the tracks from the QY into your software sequencer (it will work better if you slow the tempo down)

You should be able to open Standard MIDI File disks on your computer but I have no idea if you will have problems doing it due to the backward incompatibilities of some newer computers.

I used to have one of these back in the day. Lovedd the sequencers on these things. Just wish it had better sounds. I thought about getting used one to trigger some samples from a Sp404ex.

But anyway to your question.

I have an alesis data disk. I still have it but i don't have a computer with floppy disk anymore. That used to transfer all my midi stuff automatically.

Obviously you don't have one, so if iyahama would allow you to save your files as just midi files then you should have no problems if you have a floppy disk drive on your computer. Everything reads midi files.

For some reason i remember the yamaha having an issue with this,, hince the reason i bought the data disk. but I would check that.

The second option would be to do what hollandturbine said.

Hello there..I just bought the QY700..and I want to connect it to just one keyborad ( an old Roland E40 Oriental) that has some unique sounds. This keyboard is year 1995 made but has 32 polyphonic and 16 midi channels and is enough to produce nice songs as I used it on PC CUBASE VST and gave me such nice 16 tracks songs with no hickups. its really a nice MIDI sound source.

I have two problems. first problem is when I use QY700 with Roland
1- Everytime I press REC on the QY700 to record, the drum machine of the roland starts playing its preset pattern at the same time ( the roland doesnt have MIDI/Clock buttons so I could assign, it just has one small lcd that displays prog number. so I tried the clock setting in the QY700 but It didnt work, Do you know exactely what I should do with the clock setting? or am I doing wrong here?

2- second problem when I use QY700 alone, I want to create my own drums patterns from scrach using the QY700 kits. lets say ( 4/4 two measures pattern ) I don't want to use the ready beats of QY700..I mean I want to record first the KICK then layer it with the snare and finally add the Hihat like any drum machine composer and store this short beat pattern on floppy or QY700 memory so I could call it later to paste it on many measures..of course I want to create many patterns for my DATABASE..
I noticed that the QY700 has drums kits that spreads the kicks and snares, hihat..etc on its microKeyboard..so i guess what im asking is possible..Any help?
Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have one of these back in the day. Lovedd the sequencers on these things. Just wish it had better sounds. I thought about getting used one to trigger some samples from a Sp404ex.

But anyway to your question.

I have an alesis data disk. I still have it but i don't have a computer with floppy disk anymore. That used to transfer all my midi stuff automatically.

I thought I was the only guy in the world with that set up. I had the QY70 and Alesis Data Disk. I used to do a ton of work on that rig. I still have the Data Disk. Its in my rack now. Dont use it but it fills up space in my rack just to look interesting. I have 2 Sound Modules in my rack, Alesis QSR and Roland JV1010, and my preamp, so I left the Data Disk in, just to fill out the last gap in my rack.

Cant offer advice on the QY100 been a while for me using one, but I wish you luck. Id like to hear what your laying down with it too if possible.

Back