Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any advice on the Ensoniq ASR X Pro?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I just sold my Ensoniq ASR 10 because i want something that is more portable with triggerable pads. I am considering buying the red ASR X PRO, mostly because i can use the floppies of sounds i've been making on the ASR 10 for the past 2 years. I know the MPC 2000 XL is my ultimate destiny for drums & sound sequences but...will the ASR X PRO do the trick in the meanwhile or is it a waste of time? i read all the specs but would like to know from some people that know from experience with this and other sampler/sequencers out there???
    Adrian

http://www.BeatsWithoutBorders.com
    GLobal Electronica collective
    Vancouver BC Canada

Thanks

Wink oh yeah

yeah i just got my asr-x pro the other day. i've been working on it for a little bit. haven't made anything yet, just still trying to get the basics and everything down. but i would appreciate the tips too. thanks. and i never had teh ASR-10......so dont talk all fancy.

Thanks
    top this off one time

Thanks
    am i the only one with the asr-x pro in here.....?

Thanks
    selling the ASR-10 to get an ASR-x...that's kind of stupid. You should of never ditched the ASR-10. You could of copped an MPC1000 to go along with the ASR-10.

Thanks
    no, it is not a waste of time.

i have the asr-x(not pro), but im betting the pro has more options, a better sequencer, etc???

anyway, from what ive heard, the samplers on the asr-x's are better, and more capable than the mpc's (keep in mind ive never used an mpc myself).

also, dont forget about the effects!

asr-x's also have a synth engine.

trust me, just learn everything you can about it, and have fun with it. if you have anymore questions, you can visit the link in my sig to the ensoniq samplers forums

edit: and to all yall who think that the asr-10 is the fukkin holy grail of samplers need to come out of your little daydream and look around more.
    Last edited by rapmaster_e; 11-22-2004 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by MAD T
    selling the ASR-10 to get an ASR-x...that's kind of stupid. You should of never ditched the ASR-10. You could of copped an MPC1000 to go along with the ASR-10.
    i agree..
    i had asr-x(had it for about 1 month n sold it) and asr10.. asr10 is more stable n better sequencer timming in my opinion..
    i m Video/Radio Ready...
    rock steady...
    and when peeps see me...
    they be saying,
    thanks for yo teachin'

Thanks
    You gotta be f*ckin kidding me. A 1000 over an ASR-X? Even though it's old school the ASR Pro still kicked the 1000 in the tush when it comes to sequencing. I had both and the 1000 was the most bug-ridden machine I ever owned. The sampler and effects blow away any mpc ever created (including the 4000 when it comes to effects) and it's filters are bananas. Plus the ASR is cheaper and has onboard sounds that are very tweakable. AS for comparing it to the ASR-10, they're very very similar but have a few minor differences. And there ain't nothin wrong with the sequencer, you just have to know what you're doing, and owning it for only a month ain't gonna cut it.

Thanks
    I got an ASR-X recently, and I love it. I must admit I like my logic set up much more, but it is always fun to learn pieces of hardware, and the ASR-X works much better in the car and stuff. I just wish the pads would have been silent when you hit them, so that the unit and some headphones would be virtually noise free. It is great fun, easy to use, and more powerful than I ever would have imagined before I owned it...
    [img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dynagroove/pn.jpg[/img]

Thanks
    My first sampler was the ASR-10 which I purchased back in 96-97. I got the Asr-x pro in 99. At first I wasnt too happy with it cuz I thought the sequencer was glitchy so I shelved it for about 2 years and went out and bought the Su700 and the Motif.

Within the past six months I have gone back and Re-discovered the Asrx-pro and may I say this is by far the DOPEST piece of equipment I own. The sampler in this thing is so powerful and all the internal sounds are cool too. Tons of drum sounds that you can pitch and tweak on the fly. The motif is more of a workstation that samples,the ASR-X Pro is a sampler with internal sounds with the emphasis being mainly on the sampler.

..cant beat it with a bat!!!
    Last edited by Scorpio1110; 11-24-2004 at 10:29 AM.

Thread Information