Akai s900 or Akai s5000

A

Adversary

Which one?
The 900 is $150, the 5000 is $400.
im gonna use it only for drums, and imma get a Mpd 16 to trigger the drum sounds, and hopefully play them like i did with the mpc.
Which one would YOU choose

$150 for S900 is too expensive. You should be able to find them for $50-80.

I think an S900 or S950 would be a great addition, since it'll add some 12-bit flexibility to your setup. It'll definitely do a great job for drums.

I have a 900, and I love it. Everything I run into it sounds great, especially basses/drums. The LPF is illl.

Is it worth having a 10-15 kg brick in your tiny room just to get some "grit" on your sounds (s900/s950) ? I'm thinking about buying one, but I'm not quite sure

I dont know anything about this kinds of sampler... But I know someone who used this... How do you use this in your own ways ? Does it's onboard effects makes you drum sounds better ?

You can do that on any softwares right ? Is it different ?

Last edited:
woah.. do u have to use double density disks with the s950 too?

holy **** that's a good price on the 5000. infinitely better machine.

and yes if you have a nice sampler, such as the s5000 which is AWESOME, and you want to get that 12 bit sound, you can use bit reduction either as an effect or i think put the whole thing @ a lower bitrate. i've not done that, since i don't want to **** up ALL my samples, but you can.

5000 kills. best sampler out there right now, that and the 6000.

How do you use this thing if you have a mpc ? are they using this just for the effects ? Is there differences between the effects of this thing than the mpc effects ? could you tell me guys just for knowledge...

12 bit is lower quality. If you want your **** clean and clear.. dont get 12 bit.

Oh I see, It's just that some wants their drums sounds grittier right ? but you can do that also on a computer ? or is it different ?

Back