akai s3000 and mpc 3000's D/A converters

rizz888

Banned
I was wondering if the akai s3000 sampler has the same D/A converters as the mpc 3000 and do they sound the exact same.I cant seem to get a reliable answer and was wondering if anybody knows.I know akaipro's website says the mpc 3000 has the akai s3000 sample and synthesis engine at heart but that doesn't mean they have the same D/A sound converters that make the mpc 3000 sound so warm and phat.Thanks

I think they do have the same D/A.

Could be the filters and programming feature limitations on the MPC that make the difference.

Peace.

Cool, thanks a lot homershines.I'm probably going to pick up a mpc 60 with the 3.10 rogerlinn update with scsi and the akai s3000.This way i have the same sequencer as the 3000 in the 60 and i have the 3000's sound in the s3000.I want to try to find out from someone who has both the s3000 and the mpc 3000 to see if they do sound the same.I just want my 16bit drums to sound just as phat on my s3000 and they would sound on the mpc 3000.Peace

Last edited:
I'm sure they will. Besides that, the sound of the S1000, S1100 and S3000 is just gorgeous. Thick, creamy and warm, but still very detailed. I love that sound.

It's smart move if you can get it all very cheap. You should definitely be able to get both of those for less than the cost of a MPC3000. I have a MPC3000 and I love mine, but I see your logic. Ain't nuthing wrong with it. Squeeze that dollar til the Eagle begs for forgiveness.

While you're planning your thang, do some investigation on soiftware that will transfer samples from your S3000 into your computer via SCSI. Could save you some serious time. Check at www.synthzone.com - go to the Akai pages.

Peace.

Back