AKAI S20...Any good for Hip Hop???......

5TH ELEMENT

I was wondering if anyone could tell if an AKAI S20 fully upgraded to 17MB is worth getting for producing hip hop in a small bedroom setup along side a PC and midi-keyboard....i also have Yamaha Mu90r sound module.....please help me..thanks....peace

It`s a start

If I`m not mistaken the s20 is a sampler that just loops.That might be a problem in the future.Loops are tired after awhile.Unless you have software in which you can tap out patterns like a drum machine.You may need a sampler that acts like a drum machine.Some cheap alternatives are the SU700 by Yamaha $600 or
The Electribe S by Korg $300.These machines alow you to tweak and manipulate bits and pieces of samples and also performs like drum machines.Again I`m not expirienced with software so a program may exist alreadt that can perform these tasks.I hope this helped you.
Peace:cool:

Thanks man.....read this please....

Thanks for the advice..its appreciated..

The S20 had pads on it for tapping rhythms and also ive read it can play the samples using a midi keyboard.....any better??

I would be using either Cubase or Logic to sequence my tracks...is that good??

I don`t have a clue!!!

I`ve been using hardware all my life kid.I can`t give you any more knowledge.Perhaps someone else can give you more insight.Good luck with your tracks!!! I plan to have my tracks somewhere out there eventually.Peace:D

Back