Thread: Akai rack

Thanks

Akai rack

Sign in to disable this ad
    i was wondering if you could hook up a akai mpd 24 up to a akai s2000. also i heard that the conversion kit to the mcd also will work with the rack is this true.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish1989
    i was wondering if you could hook up a akai mpd 24 up to a akai s2000. also i heard that the conversion kit to the mcd also will work with the rack is this true.
    Of course you can use the MPD with the S2000. The MPD is a midi controller & the S2000 is a MIDI device.

Route like this..... MPD -> Sequencer -> S2000.

You will have to set up your programs through that tiny LCD screen (unless you have MESA).

Regular IDE card readers wont work with the S2000 - you'll need a SCSI one (harder to come by).

The combination you describe is a poor Mans MPC - but trust me its a very poor relation. The S2000 is not a bad sampler - but it will take a bit of fiddling to get sounds and drums set.

Good luck

Thanks
    honestly that what i was tryin to do cuz i can cop a mpd for 125 and a s2000 for 150. what would you recommend sequening with

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish1989
    honestly that what i was tryin to do cuz i can cop a mpd for 125 and a s2000 for 150. what would you recommend sequening with
    Id recommend holding out a couple of months - and investing in the proper tools for the job - ie. an MPC 2000xl or 1000.

Thanks
    where could i get a mp for cheap cuz money dont come quick for me

Thanks
    I dunno.. i scored mine from ebay... I've seen them for $800. I was impatient and paid the equivalent of $850.

Its worth waiting for tho. Trust me... worth working a 2nd job for.

I'm not saying the S2000 is a bad buy - it would be great for sampling keys, vocals etc... but not my first choice for drums or loops. Also $150 is kinda high for this one - id be looking to pay about $75-80 at the moment if i needed one.

Thread Information