Able to track out with Akai MPC 1000 and Mbox Mini 3?

To be more specific, it depends on what you mean by "track out" (I have noticed that people get confused and use the term rather flexibly).

If you mean, "make a stereo mixdown of a beat or set of loops," then yes, that's easy. Use the "stereo out L & R" on your MPC, into line inputs 1 & 2 on your Mbox (make sure the appropriate inputs and input selector buttons are pressed). Set levels, adjust, arm your two DAW tracks, and roll...

If you mean take separate "track outs" for individual loops from your MPC, to mix in your DAW later, you'll have to do them one or two at a time, and make sure they're lined-up and mix them down when you have all of them recorded into your DAW. I'm not an "MPC-guy," but I see that the 1000 has four "assignable mixout" outputs. I assume that you could take individual pads/samples/loops out from each of these. The reason you can't do any more than two at a time though, instead of four, is your limited number of inputs on the Mbox mini 3.

GJ

Thanks to the people who responded. Year, I'm just tracking out all of the individual sounds (Sample Chops, Kicks, Hi-Hats Snares) to mix them down. I'm thinking about getting the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 to upgrade, but now the Mbox Mini 3 will have to do.

Back