The next maschine hardware

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
When do you guys think native instruments will come out with a new maschine studio? The reason I ask is I don't want to drop $1000 on the studio if 6-8 months there is gonna be a new hardware unit....I purchased the first one then spent money on the software upgrade and it just seems the more it updates the more the controller becomes useless....very frustrating I've went back to using 1.8 but any newer packs they release I can't use it seems like it's a 2 year thing with them every year or 2 they come out with the new new

Depends on a couple of factors... But I'd say your guess is right, every 2 years seems to be their development plan. I think competition may dictate their releases in future. Akai probably won't release a new hardware for another 3 years? So NI may not feel as rushed this time around...

I reckon you'll hear at least an announcement within the next 6 months if they are... Then release by the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2016. They'll probably announce the end of 2015 as a release, but unexpected product faults and glitches will cause an "unexpected" delay. That seems to happen a lot with any software centered product.

the only thing they could possibly add to maschine studio is an audio interface. other than that its already fully complete (no pun intended)

This is the gift and curse of software, it changes. Regardless of what you've invested in updates, I would revert back to what worked best. I've been to plenty of studios running Pro Tools 7 and it was introduced back in 2005, point being if it ain't broke ...

No it won't wont make me better but as of right now maschine 2.0 doesn't work with my controller I've contacted support with no luck

maschine 2.0 doesn't work with the old maschine controller? It should be.
Maschine 2.0 Software Review , this is one review that states it.
Afaik, it should definitely be backwards compatible.
There's a load of improvements on the new maschine studio though. Maybe think of selling your old maschine 2nd hand and upgrade to the new maschine studio?
Still not completely sure what you mean as Maschine should work perfectly fine with maschine 2.0 software.

Last edited:
I purchased the first one then spent money on the software upgrade and it just seems the more it updates the more the controller becomes useless

I find this a bit odd... I've found the opposite; that every update has improved tactile workflow!
Is your controller broken? Registered? Have you got the right driver installed?
Something is wrong there because the updates have definitely been improvements IMO!

I have everything installed correctly trust me I've even whipped it off of my system twice when I use the note repeat on more then one track it goes all haywire and when I chop a sample when I hit apply the sample shoots down to the bottom of the piano roll I know that doesn't have much to do with the controller but everything just seems so buggy

It may actually be a bug with the controller itself then. My Akai MPK can sometimes play up.

Similar to your note repeat, if I play a note/pad it can sometimes trigger all of the instruments to play that note/pad. Other times, a note gets stuck. I just restart my PC/unplug the controller when it does happen.

Not sure if others have any experience with Maschines playing up. Never worked with the DAW so wouldn't know. But it could just be some dust or a small controller glitch.

When do you guys think native instruments will come out with a new maschine studio? The reason I ask is I don't want to drop $1000 on the studio if 6-8 months there is gonna be a new hardware unit....I purchased the first one then spent money on the software upgrade and it just seems the more it updates the more the controller becomes useless....very frustrating I've went back to using 1.8 but any newer packs they release I can't use it seems like it's a 2 year thing with them every year or 2 they come out with the new new

Not anytime soon. It's their flagship product and doesn't need an upgrade in anyway in terms of the hardware. Akai will drop their Ren 2 eventually, but that is to compete with Maschine Studio.

When the Ren dropped they were comparing it with Maschine mk2. N.I already released their big product, it's time for Akai to respond... I don't see a new Maschine coming out anytime soon.

If anything, it's time to develop the software.

Last edited:
all i can say is the machine studio is supper dope even better with the new update 2.2v killing it. id say get it for sure you will be happy. no matter what you buy there will always be new gear coming out every year with the m studio your good thats the flag ship its solid at least for awhile its not going anywere soon better then the mpc R i think i have both i dont really use the mpc and the software crashes all the time gonna sell it i think

Yea I don't mind not having the latest and greatest I'm still rockin logic pro 9 but everything still works in it and I'd be ok with my maschine if everything worked ok. Anyways I gave up on 2.0 And installed 1.8 with the older drivers and everything seems to going good

Back