My audio interface output volume is a lot quieter than others

jaggy89trillion

Hi Guys,

I have a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 1st Gen audio interface connected to a pair of JBL 305 monitors. I have noticed that the output volume on my interface is very low, Normally having the volume knob half way
was very loud when making beats. However now I have to pretty much slam the volume knob to 3 quarters of the way for it to be a good loudness. Halfway gets me to a volume where i could still have a conversation with someone above the noise.

I'm not sure If my interface is going or If the cables are to blame. The left speaker cable sits kind of loose in the interface (meaning It could easily slip out If I give it a very light wiggle). I'm assuming it is this to be fair.

My friend has the same interface running with a pair of HS7's and just under half way volume on his, is the equivalent to near enough full blast on mine. I can appreciate he has slightly bigger speakers but I wouldn't of thought It make a crazy difference like that.

Any help would be much appreciated ! :)

Jag

The easiest thing to check first is the cables. If you don’t want to buy new ones yet or don’t solder, borrow your friends’ and try that first.

Also, any chance the amp volume on the back of the monitors was changed?

GJ

Back