MPX8 + Korg Microkey VS MPK25

mircofragomena

MPX8 + Korg Microkey VS MPK25 VS Analog equipment

Hi there,
this is my first post and I'm excited to start being active in the forum since I'm about to get my first equipments.

And this is what this topic is about - I'd love to have some advices about this. I just hope to be in the right section!

First I say, rather than playing a bit with Logic and Reason, I don't know so much about producing and sampling, but I feel that a small investment is needed to help me feeling more the action of doing music.

At first I was about to go for the MPK25 (or the M-Audio Axiom 25) having a keyboard + pads all in once.
Then reading about some complains on both of them, I tried to look for separate gears, and I read about the MPX8 as a good cheap sampler, and the Korg Microkey, a good key-sensitive MIDI keyboard.

The price is going to be quiet the same, and I don't need to go around with my equipment, so the fact that the MPK25 is bigger it's not a big deal.
I just want to stay in a good "real beginner" budget, and have an equipment which, with this budget, is not going to be the best on the market, but more an extension of my software and a help for my fingers!
I can't ask for much with 200€ budget.

My interests are in sampling, looping, and playing some basic instrumental stuff on a keyboard to give more personal harmony to my tracks.

I'm open to every suggestion (save money, stay cheaper, buy another brand, devote yourself to gardening..)

Thanks in advance :victory:

EDIT: I also want to add that an analog similar equipment is appreciated..I felt like Reason is already a powerful tool to work on, but if I could add the essence (both to my music and especially to myself working on it) of the analog stuff, I won't mind.
The budget is still the same though, which could actually be too low to get decent analog stuff, right?
Well, I'm open to anything!

Last edited:
Back