Mpd26 Or Maschine ?

Haven't used Maschine but the mpd (32) is awful.

I just bought one to use while my mpc is getting repaired and less than 24 hours,i'm taking it back.
The pads are so unresponsive(compared to the mpc)it's hard to even use.VERY disappointed.I think most of the mpd series are the same way so be careful.

Peace

If you got the dough and you are willing to take the time to learn the hardware Maschine is the way to go. I was in your exact same position last fall and I can't describe how happy I am with it. I come from a Reason and Protools background. Maschine the first day was tough to grasp but after you play with it a while and watch some YouTube tutorials ( which there are tons of) and you'll catch on quick.
Also I did go to guitar center at the time and started banging on the MPD and those pads are so thin and hard. Maschine is the exact opposite. Also u can use the Maschine software as a VST in other software like Logic/Protools etc and while doing that the controller can be used for transport control of the host (logic/Protools etc).
If you are ok with using the mouse a lot and prefer Reason etc. then MPD is a cheaper substitute but you have to do pad modifications to make them more sensitive. But if you like sorta the MPC style drum maschine type workflow you will love Maschine. I've only had it like 6 months and I rarely even look at the computer screen during my production. Good luck with whatever you get.

I have both the MPD 26 and the Maschine. I started off with the MPD and used it with FL Studio. My biggest problem with the MPD was that when I was live recording into FL with the controller it always seemed to have latency issues and the recordings were not in time with when I hit the individual pads. The Maschine is more expensive obviously, but I feel as if the overall product is worth the cost. The best part about it is the ability to control just about everything in your DAW directly from the controller. It takes time to learn the Maschine software, but there are plenty of resources online and youtube is a great utility in learning how it all works.

These are two totally different things. They both have pad controllers but that is where the similarities end. I own Maschine and have owned seveal MPDs. The thing with Maschine is the controller + the software it comes with that makes it special. if you don't care about having a hardware (mpc or other drum sampler) type of workflow then grab a MPD both will get you to the same place its just a matter of which workflow you prefer.

If you're willing to learn Maschine's software then Maschine by far. If you just want to trigger sounds have no need for extra software, MPD.

for sure maschine is better but i own a md 18 and its doing the job if your just looking for drum pad the mpd serie will do the job if your looking for the extra feature maschine is good but at the same time you can get a controler that will do the extra feature the that the mpd cant do.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

look at redhooknoodles he is a well know producer and he use the mpd 18 for his production and he is better than most producer producer out there

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

and you can mod the pad so they have a better feel

Last edited:
Back