Mixing analog with daw for 1st time

Uncle1717

So, I'm getting tired of always using my mouse to click around my daw and am looking forward to getting some analog drums that I can twist around. My question is, if I enter the midi notes into my daw, how will my daw recognize which note corresponds to the kick, snare, clap, etc??

Im im looking to use a vermona drm1 mkiii with ableton. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I she'll out some dough and am lost without a clue how to integrate the drm1.

can anyone let me know if the drm1 can be used in real time with ableton. What I mean by this, is can I setup a drum pattern in Live and adjust the parameters (ie:decay, pitch,etc) via the drm1 mkiii while the track is playing in live??

can anyone let me know if the drm1 can be used in real time with ableton. What I mean by this, is can I setup a drum pattern in Live and adjust the parameters (ie:decay, pitch,etc) via the drm1 mkiii while the track is playing in live??

Of course. I don't think the DRM sends MIDI from its controls though, so you'd have to also record the audio output in order to store those parameter changes.

Btw, you can also assign whichever MIDI notes/channels you want. Read the manual :)

Back