midi setup

phil40

Hi people im phil from the uk and im new to this so please be gentle,, my problem im hoping to have a cool lil midi setup, i have a few keyboards and recently purchased an akai mpk25 which i love and now just bought a novation nio 24, how do i hook them both up i seem to be struggling, i have two midi ports on back of akai and two on the nio etc plz help me setup and i have various other gear two and i mainly use propeller heads reason but would try other software. please help

thank you

Hi my midi setup so far consists of an akai mpk25 keyboard, novation nio 2|4 interface and a midisport 2x2 and im trying to get them connect correctly to make/record music etc, I also have other keyboards but they are in storage at the moment, the software im using too is cakewalk sonar x2, propellerheads reason 5( I mainly use this). any help regarding what software/hardware settings to use correctly would be massively appreciated. thank you

Not much to set up here. The MPK25 works via USB, so you don't really need the Midisport at this point (or you can use the MIDI ports on the Nio). The only adjustments to the Nio would be to select the outputs you want to use - which probably default to 1 & 2 (so you don't need to necessarily do anything) and setting the buffer size to something that works reliably with an acceptable amount of latency.

Hey there thanks for the reply but is it possible you could give me abit more informations as to audio/midi settings in reason 5 and anything else which may help, anything would be greatly appreciated

What exact information would that be? There aren't a lot of settings to be done there...and the manual explains everything pretty well.

Back