Midi controller

What kinds of things do you want to do with it? What DAW do you have? How much money can you spend?

You can get anything from a launchkey mini for around $100 to an ableton push for like $700 (if you want the ultimate ableton experience) to an akai mpc for $200-$1600 that comes with more or less it's own dedicated DAW to basically a grand piano replacement keyboard for a few thousand dollars.

And then there's MPE stuff like the Roli Seaboard if you want something different.

Last edited:
I use fl to make the beat, then i export it to protools to work it.
I used to have a midi keyboard, but I don't know why on my new PC it doesn't work, the computer don't recognize it.
I was looking for a keyboard with a pad or a pad only

Try going to your manufacturer's website and see if you need a driver update. If that doesn't work, you could try out the AKAI Fire. It's made with FL Studio in mind, so that gives it a real leg up over other midi controllers for using it with FL Studio.

AKAI Fire

Thanks White_Noise JPI !
Yes , I tried searching the driver but I couldn't make it work. It's an old Casio keyboard, and it's connected via a midi cable. First I thought it might be the cable , but in my older PC it works .

Could be you need a newer midi interface. I hear the best stuff about iConnectivity's mio range of interfaces. All the live sound guys I know swear by them.

It would help if you provided a budget, and a description of what you want to use it for.

(Personally I'd be looking at Roland rather than M-Audio, but it depends on your budget).

What kinds of things do you want to do with it? What DAW do you have? How much money can you spend?

You can get anything from a launchkey mini for around $100 to an ableton push for like $700 (if you want the ultimate ableton experience) to an akai mpc for $200-$1600 that comes with more or less it's own dedicated DAW to basically a grand piano replacement keyboard for a few thousand dollars.

And then there's MPE stuff like the Roli Seaboard if you want something different.
Nice advice
o.png

Back