Maschine 2.2 Sampling Problem

aziam

Producers,
I can't open the NI Maschine sampler to sample from vinyl. Anytime I open "sampling" via hardware or software I get "Maschine 2 has stopped working". Below is the detail from the error. I use Win7 SP1 with everything up to date and Maschine 2.2.3. I also put in a ticket with NI support but 4 days and they haven't responded yet and I'm just hoping someone might be able to assist soon. thank you.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Maschine 2.exe
Application Version: 2.2.3.2298
Application Timestamp: 54b7a810
Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 524f83ff
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0000000000074a46
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8de7
Additional Information 2: 8de75c7c47f11deb0ccd5988d03410c3
Additional Information 3: 6599
Additional Information 4: 6599dd0a55ad8e2dbc2d94408058c341

I know there is a specific way to do this , try changing your audio card settings to less or more samples , i would try the asio for all universal driver aswell.

I find i get shorter latency thorough that sw ,

It sounds like maschine is struggling to know where the signal is coming from? , personaly i would use ableton live for ripping samples because maschine is TERRABLE at warping samples in a simple way,

Incase you arent aware of how to do this it is as follows import your sample , (or record it in) double click it , click warp (bottom right, i choose complex pro as the warp method its in the same box as the warp button ) , then i zoom into my sample and find the first kick drum or peak in the waveform , and there is a little yellow marker above the wave form (if there is more than one click the warp button on and off again) then choose WARP FROM HERE STRAIGHT :)

And this will snap the sample and warp it spot on ,

I use it for all old tracks that are recorded of vinyl and aren't digitally quantised

Sorry for the ling winded explanation but i own maschine studio and i find this is the best method for warping long samples prior to import into maschine

Manchesterraver,
Thanks for the response. I figured out the problem. Maschine 2.2 installs with 32-bit and 64-bit .exe files. Somehow my shortcut that I use on the quick launch was linked to 64-bit and although my computer OS is 64-bit, this was the problem. I went and found the 32-bit .exe and opened Maschine that way and the sampling worked. Without research, this is a little over my head as to why it will only work with 32-bit Maschine, and I don't know how this happened because I've owned Maschine for years (maybe it swapped over when I installed the 2.2 upgrade and I just hadn't sampled since then). Well it's all good now. Thanks again for the response.

Back