Macbook Pro for Music Production.. i9 with 32gb ram VS i7 with 64gb ram

MES Music

Hi everyone...
I am about to finally upgrade my current windows (HP Omen), which has had issue after issue, to a Macbook Pro 16''. My current HP Omen has i7 with 32 gb of ram and constantly has thermal heat regulation related issues. Its likely that its an internal problem since the specs arent too bad. Regardless though, I am now choosing between two different MBP's and would really appreciate some help in choosing the one that will suit my needs best for what I do.

For some background, I produce using Ableton and use very GPU-intensive plugins. I am often running 100+ tracks. I also do video production (often with 4k), which I use Adobe Premiere for. The music production/ audio-engineering is my main focus, but would love something to satisfy both needs.

That being said, here of the specs of the two Macbook Pros that I am choosing between:
1)Apple - MacBook Pro 16" - Intel Core i9 - 32GB Memory - 1TB SSD - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M + 2.3 gigahertz + 8,000 mb video memory
VS
2) Apple - MacBook Pro 16" - Intel Core i7 - 64GB Memory - 1TB SSD - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M - 2.6 gigahertz - 4,000mb video memory

I am leaning toward the first one with the i9 processor, but I would really like to hear some thoughts on what the smartest route would be to take and why you think so. I really appreciate it guys! Thanks in advance!

Im not sure why it wont let me add the full specs for the first one, but that one with the 32gb memory has an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M processor 2.3 gigahertz, 8000mb video memory

Last edited:
Back