M-Audio audio interface Vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

ICEN

Punchline God
Hi I am looking for someone who knows about audio interfaces maybe you can help me out.
I am a rapper so I am only looking to record rap vocals for myself.
I bout a pretty decent mic for $250 so I am now looking to buy the audio interface so I can record.

I have a price range of $120 because I still have to buy other things.

So the two audio interfaces I was looking at were :

M-Audio Mobile pre - This audio interface comes with pro tools SE which is why I was looking at it.

Focusright Scarlett 2i2 is like $10 more, it does not come with pro tools but I have herd that the pre amps were better.

So I am stuck between these two, I currently use FL STUDIO so would Pro tools SE help me out quality wise when recording? Like when you use pro tools over fl studio does it make a difference at all? The only reason I was interested in the mobile pre is because it comes with pro tools SE but the focusright I herd people say the pre amps were better.

Anyone have any advice on what I should get.

Pro Tools SE over FL Studio shouldn't make a difference in recording. But having tried both (and a couple others), FL Studio is just a slow recording process. It feels like you have to go "out of your way" to record in FL Studio. Where as in Pro Tools SE all you do is hit the red record button.

Also SE is extremely limited in mixing.

Oh okay but I am trying to figure out what audio interface to get, I need 48v phantom power. I guess I am not worried about the DAW so I am concerned with what is the best audio interface quality wise for rap vocals. I have about $120 to spend on a interface I was going to get the mobile pre because it came with pro tools but now I am kind of leaning over to the focusrite because people have said that it has better pre amps and If I am correct the pre amps is like the most important part of the interface for quality? I was just hoping someone could confirm which choice is better. I am using them purely for rap vocals.

Couldn't make much of a difference at that price range. I've only been doing it for a year so... bump

Back