KRK RP6 buzzing noise?

Umoo

Hey all,
[FONT=&quot]
There're white noises coming from my KRK RP6 G2 speakers + most of the time an annoying buzzing noise coming from my left speaker. Even when they're connected to the power source only. I tried switching cables between right and left, but it's still the same. How can I fix it?[/FONT]

Any help is highly appreciated!

Last edited:
A sound sample of the noise would be helpful. It could be anything from a defective amp/speaker to ground hum from audio cables and electrical being too close to each other. Hard to tell from a brief word description.

GJ

Thanks for the reply.
Below are two recordings I just made for the left and right speaker while only being connected to the power source.
View attachment Left speaker.mp3
View attachment Right speaker.mp3
The first part of the recording is at the height of the hole below the woofer, the second part is at the tweeter.
As you can hear the buzzing noise is quite present and annoying at my left speaker while my right speaker only has the white noise.

My speakers stand on monitor stands on my desk.
It also happens when I move the speaker away from any other electrical equipment.

Do you think the speaker is defect and if so how can I fix it?

Last edited:
Well, "that ain't right," as they say.

More questions-- Where and when did you get them? They appear to be about 13 years old, as far as when the model was introduced. Did you buy them new? Used? How recently? Private seller, or retail vendor?

The noise in the left speaker sounds like electrical interference, but you mentioned that it happens when you move the speaker away from everything (?). What cables and components (and other wires) are near each other behind your speakers? Are you crossing any power cables with any audio cables? Are you using a grounded plug? Are all/as many as possible of your powered sources plugged into the same strip and/or outlet?

If we can't figure out a simple solution through trouble-shooting, and the speakers really make those sounds when simply plugged in and turned on, with no audio running through them and no powers cables, wall warts or transformers near them, I'd say you've got a real problem that needs some redress; maybe the amps need re-capping or maybe they need even more work; again, very hard to diagnose long-distance over the Internet.

GJ

Back