Hardware design(most beautifull piece of hardware?)

Gaus

yo guys what piece of hardware do u find the most esthetically pleasing? Do u like the way todays gear looks? Is it important for gear to look good? Share your thoughts about the design of musical hardware!

Ive allways cared a great deal about how gear looks and have often found myself not buying something because i dont like the way it looks. In general i theres alot of gear today that looks to futuristic for me. I dont like gear that has to many lights on it, i know its practical but it looks ugly and cheesy. I really like the design of Akai MPC2500, MPC500 and MPK. Got that sturdy, compact and powerfull look, and that Black vs MPC-pad-grey color combo is the shit.

The age where threads like these die because no one rocks hardware like that anymore...
I like science fiction so the more knobs and lights, the better. But yeah, color schemes are important too.
I was like why is the Mopho yellow?!

mopho.jpg

Got one anyway.
Always thought the KORG Radias was an unattractive piece, but was still interested. Never snagged one.

RADIAS_slant_clean-ae88fc2e0dec9a53d32a88cade4ac0ef.jpg

Aww Man, I wanted this Line 6 controller for months - seeing those dials....
bt the reviews weren't so great and the size.....

toneportkb371.jpg
It looked like the dashboard of the batmobile....

batrex_2414449b.jpg

And I would always bypass the Nord stuff with the red keyboards, but I heard one live and it was mind-blowing.
I always considered their stuff only good for cheesie-swede-tele-tubby-techno.
Quality boards....

So yeah, like many things- looks are important at the start, but to stick around, it needs something under the hood and behind the face.

Back