Create Space

Maniac_Magee

so i recent got a macbook pro 15 in, i7 quad core, 4RAM

m running logic pro x.

im trying to make some space. im looking at external drives and the seagate caught my eye cause it seems you get more bang for your buck.lol

but to the jist, is it possible to put plug ins on this drive and if so wil it help the overall performance and efficiency with minor latency etc? your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You can put your plugins on any drive. The plugins themselves are often just loaded into the RAM, so having them on an external drive will most likely have no effect on performance; plugins that have large sample libraries are another thing (those you'll probably want to have on a pretty quick drive, if possible - depends on how much it depends on streaming stuff straight from the HD). Latency isn't really affected by any of these things...

Ideally you should have a dedicated drive for streaming audio which covers shit like frozen tracks as well as sample streaming and even though USB hard drives tend to tax the CPU a little more than internal hard drives you should still see a marked improvement in performance.

Back