What equipment does Darude use?

C

club_fusion_

This has boggling my mind for a while, what equipment does Darude use? I have sent many emails asking him this but no replies, maybe he keeps it a secret... Maybe someone that has seen him play LIVE can identify some of the synths and stuff he uses. And also if someone knows how he gets that Sandstorm synth sound please post it!

:dj:

MRT1212 said:
laughin even harder now!!!!!! hahahhahahahhaha

shut up mate. Sandstorm was and still is good. Ill never forget hearing that played out a slinky rave in the uk. Yeah it got caned and feel the beat was **** (aprt from js16 mix) but it is better than most people will ever make.

Go listen to the bass when the tune kicks in after the breakdown - pure class

BTW a friend tried the yamaha rm1-x and said he found the exact noise on it. Hope that helps :)

no, sandstorm, imho was never ever ever ever EVER good...i dont get my jollies in torturing my ear drums by exposing them to pure unadulterated cheese

Honestly, you faggs that replied ( except for flutlicht junky ). I didn't ask your opinion on Darude I asked about his equipment. Faggots...

hahahahahaha your feeble insults only encourage me to mock you...

it is said you attract more bees with honey than vinegar

Actually it was. For a long time it was an underground tune, people played it, who probably would rather forget doing that now. e.g. talla, guy ornadel, john kelly, judge jules

And plenty more, but i cant remeber who. I heard it out ****ing loads, before it charted and before anyone knew who it was.

It is a good track, I cant see what is not good about it. If you explain, maybe ill see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not thought provoking for me...its really dull and boring. i dont think the fact that it got a lot of airplay makes it suspect but it cant help.

but again this is my opinion and dont expect anyone or encourage anyone to agree with me

Laughing at somebody that asks a question says a lot about you. Sandstorm might be cheese but ppl loved it...including me. Anyway here is the kit list in Finnish taken from an interview. You'll get the jist of it.

D: Mulla itelläni on Emun sampleri, Korgin TR-Rack, Korgin Triton sekvensseri/workstation-syna, Korgin MS 2000, Roland JP 8080, Yamahan 03D -digimikseri, RME:n 96/8 digitaalinen audio i/o -kortti, Emagicin Audiowerk 8 audio i/o -kortti ja Emagicin AMT 8 Midi Interface. Tulossa AKG:n 414 legendaarinen mikki ja Novationin Drumstation. Ohjelmistoina mä käytän Cubase VST:tä ja Soundforgea. Sitten nää biisit ja albumi on tehty Jaakon studiossa loppuun. Siellä on aika samoja vehkeita, mutta siellä on vähän eri sampleri, siellä on Ensonicin DP 4 -efektiboxi, Nordrack 2, Macin analogimikseripöytä, vanha Atari ST

As for what created that particular sound I have no clue.

Enjoy,

Fitz

its ridiculous the number of narrow minded peeps on this board init? it was a very valid question. i'm sorry, i don't know wot synths were used but yea, don't be nasty bcoz ur narrowminded...

respect other people's opinions, and then they will respect yours.

Back