What is the best soft synth for Mac?

• Thread starter Supa Drop Kick Man
  • Start date
S

Supa Drop Kick Man

I have had a lot of luck in the past with everyone here sharing their wealth of knowledge...heres the new question:

I am looking to get a soft synth and wondering where to put my money.

Absynth is awesome.

Reaktor looks like the champ, but difficult and complicated too. Metasynth looks great but also brutally tough.

What about Waldorf and Yamaha? Any idea on Mercury-1?

If anyone has information on tutorials of these soft synths and general information concerning their favorites, please help me.:D

Absynth IS awsome, probablly one of the best soft synths on Mac.

Waldorf PPG Wave: I love this one. Very eighties sounding, so if you're into that. It's a wavetable synth so that's a bit of an 'other' way of synthesis.

NI Pro-52: Some real analog modelling and a super soft sounding synth. A real beauty. (the remake of a Sequencial Circuits Pro5 I think) ideal for soft basses and leads. The time-warp function in the delay is crazy, but cool.

Mercury-1: analog synth. Very powerfull and very raw sounding. Ideal for those hard synth lines and deep basses. 2 osc + a sub. So you won't be lacking bass booming. Sounds a bit like 303 harshness, especially with the overdrive function.

Model-E: Steinvberg 3osc analog synth. Fairly common sound, nothing special, nothing bad. But it can't make me dance.

Reaktor: Build your own synth & Co. difficult but super -powerfull.

Reason: Propellorheads new soft-synth-combo-everything-in-on-box-prog. If your after quallity this ain't an option. If you're after a wide variety of options and cool interfaces it is an option.

Metasynth: For those 'experimental' sounddesigners.

There are tons of other little softsynths. some big others where I don't know of or that I didn't heard yet. Keep an eye on Native Instruments as the most cool and really professional sounding synths seem to come from that direction lately. Download demo's etc... and take a look here too. Enjoy.

thanks for the reply....what do you know of tutorials?

I am beginning to stumble into Reaktor and Metasynth....forever on the quest for the ultimate lush, warm pad sound.

But alas I can not seem to get the hang of Reaktor or Metasynth....

have you seen any tutorials on the net? Any user groups which talk Reaktor and Metasynth strategies?

Thanks again.

Reason: Propellorheads new soft-synth-combo-everything-in-on-box-prog. If your after quallity this ain't an option. If you're after a wide variety of options and cool interfaces it is an option.

Reason has wonderful synth capabilities, it may seem, that since it is an all-in-one package, and its more consumer oriented, that is would be lower quality, but i certainly have not found this to be true.

if you are suggesting that one might have more possibilities as far as sound with something more like reaktor, i would agree with you....

Back