Wanting to upgrade monitors or should i just add sub?? need help

jimmmyange

Hi, i am in that frustrating bit where i think i have realised that my speakers don't have enough sub in the low end. I work with very bass heavy genres psy-trance, techno etc. and i am thinking on making an upgrade in a couple of weeks. I currently have 2 Yamaha HS7 monitors and am puzzled if i should go with either.

Another question if i get the sub will the bass still stay flat to my ears or will be just an addition to the monitors where the HS7s stay bassey as well as the sub being at work. If that makes sense. Like will it be balanced.

• Selling the 2 and going for a bigger model like the HS8 or another set of monitors all round
  • Or getting the Yamaha HS8s Subwoofer and keeping the two HS7s

Opinions will be listened to. Open to other options and other models in the same price bracket as the hs8s. Thanks guys.

Regards James

read this

Yamaha HS7 & HS8S Subwoofer Review - MusicTech | MusicTech

then read the specs of both the hs7 and hs8s

HS7 - HS Series - Yamaha - Australia

HS8S - HS Series - Yamaha - Australia

from this I get that you send your audio to the hs8s first and then "satellite" your hs7's from it - i.e. it will provide the appropriate crossover to ensure that the two parts of the system do not get in the way of each other, as all good designs should

so you only need to add the hs8s to your setup and wire teh system accordingly - you will need two new xlrF-xlrM cables to be able to "satellite" the hs7's

good luck

ps I would not consider using a different sub to the hs8s - it is designed to work seamlessly with the hs7's; why over complicate matters?

Back