Very High Latency / Popping / Intermitent sound

NeinElevan

(so you know it isnt my setup that is the problem) I am running mixcraft 6 pro on a steinberg CI1 interface through win xp w/ 4gb of ram and an intel i3 m330 @ 2.13GHz. About 2 months ago i switched from win 7 to xp. Before the switch there was no problems (as far as audio is concerned) and I always ran sounds through ASIO.When i first made the switch the CI1 wouldnt play sounds at all that werent completely distorted. then, about a week later, it started playing proper audio (randomly and for no appearant reason), but now it had an unbeleivable amount of random intermissions in the sound (meanwhile i was messing with the latency settings of the CI1 as well as the DAW with little effect on the sound quality and none whatsoever on the intermittent sound). the intermissions have been slowly going away by some miracle, but now my latency is through the roof. I will start off by saying i can play only one track through ASIO if i add another it becomes laggy and distorted. If I use WAVE then i normally end up with about 2220ms or more to render my average full project. I remember when i first bought the computer and used the same program i had the latency under 100ms. with 2220ms delay it is hardly possible to do any effective mixing. I have been googling this for weeks and i dont even know what to put in the search bar anymore. any help would be HIGHLY appreciated

My specs easily double that recommended for mixcraft 6.

Back