USB MIDI controller latency

A

Akki

Hi, i've recently bought an evolution mk449c midi keyboard/controller and am using it to control instuments within reason 2.5.

My problem is that there seems to be a lot of latency between me pressing a note on the keyboard and the sound actually coming out of the speakers.

My pc is a (v fast) 64bit amd athlon based machine with 1 gig of pc2700 ram. It has onboard ac97 audio which, with the asio driver, only has 21ms latency at 9600kbps.

i'm using the built in winxp drivers for my 449c, which i think could be causing the high latency. has anyone had any similar probs? do you know of any way that i could imporve the latency?

thanks,

akki

yes, basically u should update the drivers. really important. and second id get a decent soundcard.. onboard is horrible and slow.

just go the the maudio site and get the newest drivers. if that is a maudio product, i cant remember though.

Thanks - i'd tried looking onthe evolution site but couldnt find drivers on there. the m-audio site had some though so will test them out tonight.

i've got a soundbaster pci card thats a couple of years old but will try out to see if it helps.

cheers...

Back