transfering software from comp to comp

B

big timothy

ok..heres my problem

i want to get reason 2.0 on to my laptop, but i only have it on my desktop. I should just find the disc and load it on my notebook, but the problem is, i lost it. I feel sooo retarded cuz now it's making this a headache to get on my laptop, also, i dont have all that registration stuff so i cant upgrade it i dont think

so is there anyway i can get reason from my desk to my laptop without the original cd??

thanks

it may not work because the installation puts reg keys into your registry it may need. You might be able to export the reg keys from the desktop and then copy the program over and merge the reg keys into the laptop registry.

well..im pretty retarded at this kind of stuff lol

i had my friend whos a wiz with comps set it all up for me in lansing where my fam first got that desktop, and like a fool, i also did not register on the site.

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was yooounnngeer" lol

well....its funny cuz it doesnt make sense either way.....

if it were a crack, why couldnt he just re-install the crack. thatd prolly be easier than re-installing a legit copy...haha.

but if it were legit, how careless would you have to be to actually lose every piece of physical material that came with it?

pretty strange man....

either way though, id say youre screwed. i cant imagine that props. would allow for an installed version to be shot right over to another pc without putting some serious walls in the way......

i mean, think about the concept of what your trying to do, and then think about piracy.......

see what im sayin?

peace.

highkoo said:
well....its funny cuz it doesnt make sense either way.....

if it were a crack, why couldnt he just re-install the crack. thatd prolly be easier than re-installing a legit copy...haha.

but if it were legit, how careless would you have to be to actually lose every piece of physical material that came with it?

pretty strange man....

either way though, id say youre screwed. i cant imagine that props. would allow for an installed version to be shot right over to another pc without putting some serious walls in the way......

i mean, think about the concept of what your trying to do, and then think about piracy.......

see what im sayin?

peace.

yea...im thinkin i am pretty screwed

but it is a legit version, i can honestly say that its a full version bought legally

i should prolly call my friend down in lansing and see if we left it down there cuz i didnt even know about it until it was on the fams computer because it was a gift

if it IS legit, and you CAN get all your info...... the props. will prolly help you out. its in their best interests to help paying customers....

peace.

Back