soundsystem advice for PC

tr0ub1e

I'm looking for advice on the best equipment to get for hooking up to my PC for within a certain price range. I used to have a Dell surround sound system package which featured 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 2 side speakers, and a subwoofer. I've had the system for quite a few years now but over that time I've blown the subwoofer once, and then blew a replacement from Dell twice (had it repaired once). Also one of the other speakers stopped working.

It wasn't exactly a high-quality system and doubt it was built to withstand such abuse that it was given...

So it's time to replace the whole setup I think but deciding what to get is a bit daunting. I seem to keep looking mostly at the same few systems from Creative and Logitech as those seem to be highlighted a lot on forum discussins i've found and on review websites - but ultimately i really don't know what is going to be best for my money.

Basically my requirements are simple: I want to get a surround sound system - so preferrably 4+ speakers and 1+ subwoofer(s). Within that I want the best or most powerful sub(s) I can get (the music i listen to is hip hop r&b, & uk garage), and a system with good/high quality sound, and good build quality.

I don't care about anyting else beyond that such as styling/design, remote controls, connectivity to appliances, etc. I just care about the sound produced for listening to music which is all stored on the PC, and preferrably having the additional surround sound setup for gaming/movies.

The price range I'm looking at is £50-£100. So what are my best options within that range?

Any advice very much appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
Back