Scarlett (2i2) + External preamp (Helpme?)

waxhotmusic

Hello and thanks to anybody who reads this!

My friend martin bought himself a new preamp & kindly gave me his old preamp.
Its a DBX 286 s ! He said it was decent and that i should start using external hardware.

I want to connect it to my
Focusrite scarlett 2i2
How do i do this safely? Can it be done?

I asked my friend and he said
“ he doesn't know “

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the quick and prompt answer dude! Appreciated!

Was just wondering about this though!
Does it not make more sense to just have the microphone going directly into the preamp?

Im assuming that this would make more sense? I could still use the microphone & preamp to record within reason? Or would i need to have the audio interface combined with the preamp for my DAW to recognise the mic?

Cheers bro !

Thanks for the quick and prompt answer dude! Appreciated!

Was just wondering about this though!
Does it not make more sense to just have the microphone going directly into the preamp?

Im assuming that this would make more sense? I could still use the microphone & preamp to record within reason? Or would i need to have the audio interface combined with the preamp for my DAW to recognise the mic?

Cheers bro !

The mic connects to the preamp (via a regular XLR mic cable) - but you can't directly connect the preamp to your computer, so you'll need the interface (to convert the analog signal from the pre to digital).

Cheers. I just sold my preamp. Couldn’t be bothered with all the fuss to connect via interface. I just broke the bank & got my self a universal audio twin Apollo! Having a great experience so far & the built in pre amps are better than most mid range external pre amps.

Back