PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL for mixing and managing input/outputs

JungDolla

Hi everyone - JungDolla here - hoping you can help about a hardware issue.
I want to build a recording studio. I'm thinking of getting ProTools and a MacBook to run it on although if that is too expensive I'll just go thru my current Windows PC.
I'm not sure about which audio interface to get.
I have the following inputs:
- guitar (1 channel)
- vocals (1 channel)
- keyboard (2 channels)
- synth (2 channels)
- guitar amp (mic to 1 channel)
I've also got a TC Hellicon Voice Live 2 hardware vocal processor I want to hold on to.
I don't want to constantly be reaching around and messing with cables - I'd ideally like a system where everything is connected all the time and I can determine the signal path from my PC/mac. So I am looking at the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL.
I want to set it up so I can do things like this:
guitar -> presonus input -> presonus output -> guitar amp -> mic -> presonus input
-or-
vocals -> presonus input -> presonus output -> vocal processor (hardware) -> L/R into 2x presonus input
I'm fairly sure with 8 in and 8 out that I'd have enough jacks on this interface but I don't know if it will let me 'direct' each channel like I want to.
I read the review at soundonsound (I can't post links - pls google) and since I'm just starting I've got no idea what that all means, especially with regards to headphone on 7/8, mixer being hard wired, etc.
Ideally my outputs would be to 1 pair of earphones and 1 set of studio monitors. Both need to give me real-time monitoring of all inputs (and any loops as described above), as well as only the inputs/loops I select.
Can the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL do this? Is what I want possible? Is there another interface I should consider?
Thankyou in advance for all your help.

Back