Need soundcard help.

S

Skitzo_434

Help!!!!!!!

My comuter sound iz REALLY Fn up. It says my sound device is connected but I have NO sound at all. Does anybody know if I can download anything off the Internet for this problem? Pleaze help!!!1

I have a soundcard and everything but when I play something, I have no sound at all. My speakers are plugged up to the right thing. Could it be that my speakers don't work on my computer, even though when I plugged them into my stereo, they work.

Yeah,when i play a CD in Windows Media Player, it still has no sound. And when I use FL theres no sound....

I am not there so I cant really help much, but check your cables and such. Also if the computer makes sounds then its not the soundcard itself.

Skitzo_434 said:
Could it be that my speakers don't work on my computer, even though when I plugged them into my stereo, they work.
Hmm, how exactly is this hooked up?

Normal speakers that you would plug into a reciever are unpowered, that is to say they are powered by the receiver. Computer speakers and monitors are powered by a built-in amp.

If this is the problem, you can pipe the sound into the receiver via an RCA cable that has one end that fits your soundcard, most likely 1/8" stereo minijack.

Could it be that I might need some new speakers? Because when I open up volume control my PC speakers balance section can't b moved.....

sounds like you need to check you PC settings. go to control panel and check audio settings. also check bios set-up if your sound card is on default or assign properly. if you still don't get any sound then your sound card is the problem.

How i check my bios setup? My sound was workin perfectly until my peeps installed a new hard drive.

this is what is says on Audio Device Properties..

Vinyl AC97 Codec Combo Driver-PCI bus 0,device 17, function 5

Audio Codecs Location-Unknown

Legacy Audio Drivers-Unknown

Media Control Device-Unknown

What does this mean??

"this is what is says on Audio Device Properties..

Vinyl AC97 Codec Combo Driver-PCI bus 0,device 17, function 5

Audio Codecs Location-Unknown

Legacy Audio Drivers-Unknown

Media Control Device-Unknown

What does this mean??"

make sure that the driver of your new hardware was installed properly. i encountered the same problem before and it was because i wasn't able to install the driver my new soundcard needed for it to work. the program needed then was "realtek" and usually is included when you purchase a new hard drive.

TO CHECK BIOS SETUP

1. as soon as you turn on your PC and black screen runs before your windows opens hit DEL button

2. you will be directed to bios setup (blue screen)

3 go to audio devices and simpley assign the sound device you wish to use.

Back