MOTU HD192 Core

Dirt Dog

is This the best Interface you can get for your computer?
I mean under pro tools HD

Last edited:
One of the. Many professional engineers that I have worked with or spoken to either really enjoy MOTU's top end converters or dislike them. I like 'em. They are in the bracket of Apogee, RME and the like. I don't see how you could object to the quality and in an A/B test would hold up nicely against an HD system. If your in that price bracket, then that is definitely a good option... as is the Apogee Ensemble now that the drivers have been fixed.

yea i was thinking bout getting it for ins and outs its an Interface(Upgrade/Replace it from the 1820m) to the computer, but slave it by an Lavry. and use that clock and converters.

would a motu be a waste or naw?

Last edited:
Dirt Dog said:
yea i was thinking bout getting it for ins and outs its an Interface(Upgrade/Replace it from the 1820m) to the computer, but slave it by an Lavry. and use that clock and converters.

would a motu be a waste or naw?

Honestly, if you have Lavry converters then no you don't need an interface in the bracket of the HD192. Just use a decent interface and bypass the converters with the Lavry's. After all, those are some sweet ass converters. If you need MORE converters than what your Lavry gives you then yes, go with something like the HD192, connect the Lavry to the first two channels (depending on which box you own) and use the other channels for MOTU conversion. This way you have a little of both worlds. Honestly with a couple channels of Lavry conversion and 6 channels of MOTU high end conversion.... your pretty well set man.

Back