Midi controllers-microKontrol or Axiom 49?

StarmanWarz

Hello all,
I want to buy a new controller.After some search I found the Korg microKontrol and the M-audio Axiom 49.I will use the controller with Reason 3.0.Which one is the best?Are they easy-to-use on their own and with Reason aswell?I am a newbie in midi controllers(I have never used one before)so any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,starmanwarz.

yea dawg same here xcept my choice wuz microKontrol and axiom 25(cheap on ebay like $179 no s+h)

i went with axiom just becuz microKontrol is more of a toy..the little keys the small ass pads...u cnt label the lcd titles..

axiom has fewer pads but they are bigger more effective...semi-weighted keyz for the piano player in u(or the synth composer) no sliders on the 25(but on the 49/61 it duz)

its nice im goin wit the axiom bro

www.myspace.com/justebeats

all w/o a midi controller :)^^

It looks like the m-audio is better..Are the pads touch sensitive tho?

I was wondering-can I control Reason's redrum drum computer with the Axiom pads?

Last edited:
StarmanWarz said:
It looks like the m-audio is better..Are the pads touch sensitive tho?

I was wondering-can I control Reason's redrum drum computer with the Axiom pads?

yes the pad are touch senitive but you cant adjust that or turn it off if you want. and yes the pads will work great with redrum. i also have an axiom 25 and love it.

I cast my vote for the axiom...I have the 49 key version...works great with Reason...especially the 4.01 update...

Back