maudio omni io

n0303

I am in dire need of a mic preamp, something fairly basic anyway. I just need it to help get my guitar signal correct. Anyway, I currently have a quattro and I was wondering what exactly does an omni get you besides the preamp? Also, what is that 15 pin connector for? Do I need any additional drivers for the omni?

Or should I just skip the omni and get a couple of tube mic pre's?:confused:

The omni gives you the pre amps, two more instrument inputs effect sends and returns and a few mixer functions. The connector is so you can connect to the delta 44 or 66 sound card ( the only dif. is that the 66 has spdif) as far as I know you need one of these two sound cards to use the omni.

Does it actually run audio through that 15 pin cable? I have a quattro and it is compatible with the omni. I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the cheese. I went ahead and got a tubepre last night to get me by until I figure this out.

Does it actually run audio through that 15 pin cable? I have a quattro and it is compatible with the omni.
Yea it does send audio to the sound card through the 15 pin cable.

Can someone who actually owns an omni quattro combo please comment on it? Is it worth the 240 dollar asking price? Should I get a rack mount mixer instead? Can i control the inputs of the omni from logic or is it manual like a mixer?

Back