M audio quattro question help..

R

RanCIDmilk

i have quattro m audio..
and i was just using 1/2 in/outs but i would like to use outs 1/2 to my rs7ks input, and out 3/4 for monitoring speaker.. i don have manual so pls help me.... heeeeeeeelp....
heeeelp..

I just bought the quattro as well, I dont understand your question though. Are you having problems with the wiring or with the software?

okkkee
my 1/2 outputs from quattro feed rs7k sampling input(so i can samples mp3 etc).. and main out of rs7k also feed to 1/2 input of quattro(so i can record my project done with rs7k)..
and i had no problems set it up like that.. but when i done recording project(rs7k to quattro) to laptop, i would like to use outputs 3/4 for monitoring speackers.. but i cant get outs 3/4 to play back anysound from laptop... how can i do that..? i don have manual so.. help will be vary valueble.. thanks

You might consider doing it the other way around: with outputs 1 & 2 going to your monitor speakers (probably the way you have it now) and outs 3 & 4 going to your RS7k's inputs.

The reason I'd do it this way is because most apps use outs 1 & 2 as the default outputs. Unless you want to change your preferences in every app and constantly fight against the default settings, you might want to do it.

Then, within your app (Sonar, whatever) you assign the output of a track to outs 3&4 whenever you want to sample.

If you've got Cubase or a Steinberg product, you'll probably have to enable the outs (and/or ins) in some darn VST window or other.

-Hoax

Have any of you guys noticed noise coming across the usb when the computer is accessing data from an IO device, hd , cdrom etc?
I just hooked my new laptop up to it, looks like i wont be doing any SERIOUS recording with this guy cause the small amounts of noise are unnacceptable.
However i never noticed this on my mac.

Do the more profesional IO boxes have better isolation from such noises?

Cruel Hoax said:
You might consider doing it the other way around: with outputs 1 & 2 going to your monitor speakers (probably the way you have it now) and outs 3 & 4 going to your RS7k's inputs.

The reason I'd do it this way is because most apps use outs 1 & 2 as the default outputs. Unless you want to change your preferences in every app and constantly fight against the default settings, you might want to do it.

Then, within your app (Sonar, whatever) you assign the output of a track to outs 3&4 whenever you want to sample.

If you've got Cubase or a Steinberg product, you'll probably have to enable the outs (and/or ins) in some darn VST window or other.

-Hoax

What software are you using?

Ableton Live, Nuendo, Acid, some VSTis.

I've got a 4-input M-Audio card (Delta 44 with Omni I/O), and I wanted to use inputs 3&4 as my defaults (inputs 1 & 2 are on the front and have mic preamps. I wanted my "hardwired" connection to be in the back to the line ins.)

I had to change my default inputs from 1 & 2 to 3 & 4 in every case. I figured that if RanCIDmilk wasn't geting any signal, he might want to eliminate all possible variables. And yes, I know he's talking about outputs and not inputs. But if he's getting no signal, y'never know. Return To Default State and alter from there, rather than dealing with an unknown number of variables; that's my thinking.

-Hoax

n0303 said:
Have any of you guys noticed noise coming across the usb when the computer is accessing data from an IO device, hd , cdrom etc?
I just hooked my new laptop up to it, looks like i wont be doing any SERIOUS recording with this guy cause the small amounts of noise are unnacceptable.
However i never noticed this on my mac.

Do the more profesional IO boxes have better isolation from such noises?

Eh, anyone?

Well, "professional" and "USB" only rarely occupy the same spot in my head.

USB just isn't reliable and consistent enough to host something as demanding and bandwidth-intensive as a multi-input sound card, in my opinion.

A more "professional" laptop interface might be a PCMCIA card/breakout box combination, such as those from Echo or RME.

The MBox seems to be pretty stable and of decent quality, though.

-Hoax

Back