Laptop Or Desktop Setup?

Cloud19

I will be buying a new computer soon. Either a MAC or a PC. I will decide that later. Is a laptop good for a primary music production computer? Or do I need a desktop? I dont want the laptop to just overload and stuff. Does anybody use just a laptop just for production? If so, how reliable is it?

Thanks in advance.
:cheers:

I would go desktop so that way you don't have to keep unplugging all you stuff into the interface when you need to pick it up to go. Then if you get the chance to get both just do the editing on the laptop and the actual production on the desktop.

Intentionally Quaint said:
I would go desktop so that way you don't have to keep unplugging all you stuff into the interface when you need to pick it up to go. Then if you get the chance to get both just do the editing on the laptop and the actual production on the desktop.

I won't be going anywhere. This will be for my home studio.

i would still go desk top.....gettin a laptop not to go anywhere with it kinda defeats the purpose of having it. plus with a desktop if its ever out dated you can upgrade it eazier.....dont think u can do that with a laptop.

yeah...I second the desktop, especially if your studio is stationary...You can get more bang for your buck and then the upgrading will be easier...

Get a desktop. U can make it run 20X faster than a Laptop, if you want to. Unless u are moving around, TWO THUMBS up to Desktop

i would get an iMAC desktop.
and its not all clunky and **** , its an all in one desktop.. so if you absolutely had to take it somewhere, its possible..

Back