Im building a computer,does anyone have any suggestions on a quality soundcard?

P

PimpinQwin

This is what im getting so far,Motherboard:Asus p45, Ram:g.skill 4gb, cpu:intel core 2 quad q99550, Harddrives:two seagate barracuda 7200.12 1tb, Power supply:zalman zm600hp, pc case:antec 900, cpu fan:zalman ultra quiet cpu fan, graphic card:msi geforce 9500, Does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality soundcard? Im having trouble on this and need a little help.

Last edited by a moderator:
first, ask yourself what you want in a soundcard? digital i/o, midi i/o, how many analog ins/outs do you want/need? spdif, wordclock, aes/ebu? YOU have to know what you need first, we can make hundreds of random suggestions, but if YOU don't even know what you want/need, it's fruitless. so, what do you want/need in your soundcard? tell us that, then we can make some informed suggestions.
LevLove

dont mean to thread jack but i figure id ask in here instead of making a new thread similar to this one. LevLover, in my situation i dont know exactly what i need, i have an mpd24 and an maudio midi keyboard running ableton. id like to pick up some monitors along with a sound card, so what am i looking for in a sound card?

Still depends - are you going to be recording external sources or just do everything with software? And again, what kind of budget are we looking at?

Budget and intensions will determine it all. You may be better off going with a USB/Firewire interface, may be better off going with a PCI Card with an I/O interface, may not need antything but a soundblaster with Asio drivers, lol.

HI

I don't want to open a new thread, because i have the same problem.

Im stricly software-production guy, and i don't care about recording external devices and other stuff like that. Just straight up beat production

i can afford something up to 180-190$, Can You recomend me something??

Any $80-100 Audio Interface/Soundcard should do for both of your situations. If you ever plan to input audio, you should aim a little higher so you never have to upgrade again, but all you need is an interface with low latency ASIO Drivers if you're planning on doing everything inside the computer.

Hell, you could probably get away with a $10-20 card and ASIO4All. You won't need any of the stuff that makes a card go up in value. Just 44.1/16 playback at low latency with ASIO. My Dell's onboard could do that. With way mor compatability and ease than my M-Box, lol.

now, I have an integrated sound card(with ASIO4All) and with my pretty powerful pc, half of my beats start to 'coagulate' (sorry, but couldnt find better word, english is not my primary language :P) when i start to mix/master everything down. I guess Kontakt/Nexus/FM8 are pretty memory overwhelming

+ i plan to Buy turntable in future, forgot to write that

Last edited by a moderator:
HI

I don't want to open a new thread, because i have the same problem.

Im stricly software-production guy, and i don't care about recording external devices and other stuff like that. Just straight up beat production

i can afford something up to 180-190$, Can You recomend me something??

EMU 1212m

I don't mind aiming higher and getting a sound card I can import audio with as I plan on getting an mpc2500 eventually. So with that now being said, what type of sound card am I looking for that I can import audio and have the least most possible latency when hitting my mpd on ableton. Sorry for the long post, just new to this game.

i got the mpd24 with an M-audio Audiophile 2496 and it works great with no latency. It has MIDI ins so u can use that with the MPC. I strongly recommend you get the Audiophile 2496 or if you want more inputs then you may want to choose on out of the M-Audio delta series.

Last edited:
Back