I just deleted 14gb of Audition files can it be restored is it still on my cpu? thank

ROYAL

The 2day i got a message saying recording stopped, low disk space, well i had just free'd up about 15 gb when i got Audition 2.0. a couple weeks ago, Knowing how files in 1.5 didn't take up much space i didn't understand. So i went to my save folder and noticed the regular Audition PK files but i also noticed some wav files. So say for song Happy it's track 1 (Audition PK file size is only 295 kb) but for the same song and same track 1 in wav file is like 30mb). So thinking i didn't need the wav 001 track i deleted all those wav files and now NONE of the songs i've done since i bought Audition will play. Please tell me there's a way i can get those deleted files back....I just deleted them from my recycle bin 10 minutes ago not knowing it would effect all my files.

anybody know if there's a way to recover these files? a system restore wouldn't do it will it? i don't know much about temp files but could they be in a temp folder or something? or is there a way i can do it with audition pk files? or as there any freeware program that might can restore the wav files i deleted. thanks

As long as you don't overwrite them, the files are still there and can be extracted/restored.

I've had good result with GetDataBack from http://www.runtime.org/
Lots of other alternatives.

Damn!
The PK files basically tell Audition what to do with the .WAV files ie. volume, start time etc.
But I'm sure you know that now...
Everything should still be there, just don't download or record anything else until you've retrieved those files!

thanks a mil Degree! i downloaded getdataback and it found the files unfortunately i have to purchase to be able to copy them (restore them). So if i can't find another way to retrieve the wav files i'll purchase getdataback. anybody know of a free way to retrieve these files? if not no problem atleast the files aren't gone, I HOPE. thanks

thanks to everyone, i successfully restored my files! thanks

Last edited:
Keep browsing around the web for freeware data recovery programs. And DONT SAVE ANYTHING NEW to the hard drive if you can avoid it. (except for the data recovery programs)

thats bad man, i had that done and when i recovered my system it was all clipped and distorted with mp3's i had on my harddrive.. terrible news.

It didnt recover well.

Back