Hackintosh vs. PC

Lovmark

Hey folks!

I'm looking at building my own computer (never done it before) and I've been doing some research and am stuck whether I should go PC or Hackintosh. My budget would be max $1000 but every bit of money saved can be spent on other gear of course! I'm currently using an old macbook so for that amount of money I should get a huge leap in performance. Any tips would help!

Cheers:hmmm:

what would be the point in building a hackintosh? If you want a Mac, buy a Mac. If your budget is $1000 and you really want a Mac, cop a used joint.

macofalltrades dot com

I got a used power mac G5 held me down for 6 years and I did everything on it (Produced Music, Record Vocals and Edit Music Videos)

I considered building one. But for $1100, I got my current setup and didn't have to rely on my novice experience with computer hardware. Dell Studio XPS 8300, Intel i7 QuadCore 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 21" monitor.

Unless you're running a ton of plugins and a full mastering suite, you'd be better off getting a used two-or-three year old Mac if you have $1000 to spend and want/need to have one. Apple products have decent resale value so if you can afford to buy new-thats what I would do. I have my eye on one of those i7 macbooks.

If you build a hackintosh there is always the future issue of apple updates not working on it. I'm not sure anymore since most them are intel based now, but like someone said if your willing to spend $1000 I bet you can get a MBP now days for about $899.99-$1000.00.

Back