Guitar & Pedal Discussion

old_Downfall

In this topic I would like to discuss Guitar and Pedals for you rock stars out there. Let me start out by mentioning what my friend and I use. We are an average whiney brat alternative band. With fast guitars, heavy drums, industrial synth effects and scarry bass. I currently use a Starburst Fender Stratocaster. For distortion I use a danelectro fab tone pedal.

My friend uses a Washburn and an assortment of DOD and other pedals. Our setup isnt great, but its ok. I would take a gibson any day. (If I had the money ofcourse.) At the music store yesterday we saw a really nice gibson going for about $600 used. In perfect condition and shiney and red.

Good deal and if I had the money I would have bought it on the spot. Right now for the band I am working on getting a few Gibsons, different pedals, a Marshall stack amp, and some good accoustic gibsons. So if you guys see any kills let me know. ;] Gibsons may not be the guitar right for you though. Everyone has their own opinions. One of my friends is obsessed with Fenders. Yeah, fenders are nice but they aren't great for what I want to do. Also, I would like to release this announcement now. When my band finishes the EP we are looking for artists and bands to either make a remix of the song or do a cover of it or whatever. So if your interested drop me a line and I'll give you some information. To say the least you may get paid on it depended if we sell enough cds and by the way we are getting so recognition now we plan to ;]

Anyways, if you have anything guitar related reply to this topic for the discussion.

------------------
Downfall

I got rid of my Korg N1 and got a Randall RG100 with a titled 4x12 cab. Very nice. This amp has a lot better sound then alot of Marshalls out there. So if your looking for a good head and cab for cheaper the Randall runs for about $949. This is definately one of my best investments.

------------------
Downfall

heh... well i don't play guitar but I do have a keyboard amp, with s phat sound.. I say phat coz its not really clean and clean :) .. Its a Peavey KB80.

As I said it doesn't have a GREAT clear sound, but hell its loud :) I hardly use it anyway.

Oh well why am I posting here :) its a guitarrist conversation lol :)

... pedals? yeah I do have one... a TRASH MASTER.. dirty distorsion pedal, old and pink.. someone gave it to me. I only used it once concretely, for a tune I composed with ... only a TR808 hooked to the TRASH MASTER pedal... i love this tune... its so distorded that toms are sounding like notes :) .

seeya

Manuel Clement
OnlineDJ.com administrator

ive got a fender strat in clasic white, a fender amp w reverb, and a CRYBABY!!!! crybabys rock! anyone ever try a crybaby w/ distortion? its amazing! i also have a 505 and lookn for an 808.. yeah right ill find one.. i also want a B3...

808... you mean the Roland drumbox from the 80's (drumatix) or a pedal? I meant the drumbox :)

yeah.. the drumbox from the 80s... not a pedal. Do you have an 808? cause you said you did up 2 or 3 posts ago. if you have one... and you might want to sell it?.... dereksworld@home.com is my email. i'm actually a fan of your work (web design) i work in flash and dreamweaver too. my site is http://www.geocities.com/dereksworld

No Idon't have one. Though I did use one for a day or two at a friend's. Back then, I had also the opportunity to touch some very cool vintage synths such as the TB303 Bassline, TR606 Drumatix, TR707, and KORG MS1 semi-modular.

I am mostly a digital guy now... I love my VIRUS B synthesizer (ACCESS / WALDORF). For the percs / drums, I use an AKAI S6000 studio.

I am actually moving to even more digital with a Pulsar II DSP environment card (CREAMWARE) where i'll process sampling, synthesis and mixing. THough, the Virus B will always be my #1 synthesis weapon.

Oh well :) I love music equipment man.

heh

This whole guitar/pedal thing is a mistery to me :) but I think its really cool. It requires serious skills to play guitar well

Pedals

hi there,

i am a bassist and also am strongly inclined to effects.

i own a 70' fender jazz bass and an 96' ernie ball musicman. together with this i connect a "Noise Supressor", "Parametric equalizer" (both by Boss), "Hyper distortion" (By Korg) and finnaly a "Crybaby" (Dunlop).

The noise supressor is absolutely awesome. It can be used with guitars as well. The main characteristic of this pedal is its ability to let you determine what is the treshold of noise you are willing to hear. Anything lesser than that, noise, is cut off. Other very interesting feature is the possibility to feed other pedals from the Noise Supressor, thus acting like an energy source.

The parametric equalizer does basically what it says in its name. It is very easy to handle once you get the basic concept. The results of a good equalization is fenomenal.

The Hyper Distortion rules. It has 2 channels, for 2 different distortion setings. 3 band equalizer, beeing the middle one parametric, cabinet resonator so you can change the mood of the distortion. One flaw prevents this pedal to be one of the best ever, whenever you change from distortion A to distortion B there a loss of signal that "cuts" the song until the distortion is back up, much like internet lag.

I dont think I have to comment on Dunlop's Crybaby, the most amazing of the pedals. I practically eat that thing.

Hope this long post didnt bothered you, and that it could be of some help.

Take care,

andreas rauh

u guys wanna talk guitar pedals? I have 7 pedals all of "low" quality. but i can make the weirdest ****in sounds with these things. I got an ibanez delay, ibanez flanger, morley wah, boss auto wah, boss noise compressor which is great for gettin rid of feedback, a dunlop tremolo, and a digitech whammy. aside from the whammy all of these were relatively cheap in price and i can do real cool stuff with them. I play a jackson and my amp is a crate with a lot of cool little knobs and ****. Im heavy into effects.
hmm also im still in distress about which turntables to get.....

ok

old_Downfall said:
In this topic I would like to discuss Guitar and Pedals for you rock stars out there. Let me start out by mentioning what my friend and I use. We are an average whiney brat alternative band. With fast guitars, heavy drums, industrial synth effects and scarry bass. I currently use a Starburst Fender Stratocaster. For distortion I use a danelectro fab tone pedal.

My friend uses a Washburn and an assortment of DOD and other pedals. Our setup isnt great, but its ok. I would take a gibson any day. (If I had the money ofcourse.) At the music store yesterday we saw a really nice gibson going for about $600 used. In perfect condition and shiney and red.

Good deal and if I had the money I would have bought it on the spot. Right now for the band I am working on getting a few Gibsons, different pedals, a Marshall stack amp, and some good accoustic gibsons. So if you guys see any kills let me know. ;] Gibsons may not be the guitar right for you though. Everyone has their own opinions. One of my friends is obsessed with Fenders. Yeah, fenders are nice but they aren't great for what I want to do. Also, I would like to release this announcement now. When my band finishes the EP we are looking for artists and bands to either make a remix of the song or do a cover of it or whatever. So if your interested drop me a line and I'll give you some information. To say the least you may get paid on it depended if we sell enough cds and by the way we are getting so recognition now we plan to ;]

Anyways, if you have anything guitar related reply to this topic for the discussion.

------------------
Downfall
I tend to agree mostly but im still not sure I understand everything here.

Back