Guide to buying PCs cheap

i mananged to pick me up a decent comp for cheap - 12 gig comp - win 98 - pent 3 - $40 bucks mang!

Ive Never Built A Computer Due To I Would Probably Get Lost And Find Out Certain Things Wouldent Be Compatiable With Others And S**t. Is There Any Site's, Places (I Live In U.K) That I Can Get A Custom Built Computer Cheap?

Ive Never Built A Computer Due To I Would Probably Get Lost And Find Out Certain Things Wouldent Be Compatiable With Others And S**t. Is There Any Site's, Places (I Live In U.K) That I Can Get A Custom Built Computer Cheap?

Building a computer is actually pretty simple! You just need to do some planning before hand to make sure everything you plan to purchace has matching sockets so it is all compatible with eachother. Buy them, put them all togeather (inside the caseing correctly) Then install your OS and your good to go! Biggest thing to remember is proper planning. Dont waist your money paying for a brand, like dell, hp, apple, ect.... you can build better and for cheaper!

microcenter.com

they got alot of ish Im buying from them real soon. Gonna grab that up and prices are cheaper then new egg on certain things

newegg.com

get an AMD to cut costs down..run just as reliable as intel's for half the price...

get a mobo that is cheap but can be upgraded (cut future costs)

when using an OS make sure you have enough memory to ru nthe OS and more..windows xp takes 512mb to run smooth, windows vista and 7 both 1gb to run smooth

x64/64bit os = more then 3gb recognized
x86/32bit os = less then 3gb recognized

go online and type in windows (your version) speed tricks or tips and there you will find tips on how to maximize your efficiency on your pc.

less background processes going the better

uhmmmmm...not much..

you can spend $2000 on a pc and i can build 3 pc's that can do exactly what that $2000 pc can do (unless it is specifically fabricated a certain way).

dont forget a graphics card (takes a tad load off of the pc)

building a pc can be THE best thing to do when building your own DAW!

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

oh and i enjoy tacos

---------- Post added 08-31-2010 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-30-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

i mananged to pick me up a decent comp for cheap - 12 gig comp - win 98 - pent 3 - $40 bucks mang!

lol @ 12gig/win98/pent3

jesus, what do you run on that ? aol ? i cant see how that would still be working without a crutch and magical spells

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

hmmmm anyone willing to make a build your own pc guide ? i would be willing to help....

mbox2 with mixer?

I was using Logic with an mbox2 then changed to a Alesis multimix8 and I got way better sound. Can I hook up the mbox2 up along with the mixer? I'm pretty sure it's possible,but I just dont know what to do.

Thank you very much for your precious and good information.......
Now your guide very useful for me to buy a PC at cheap cost......

First off, put it together yourself -- it's not all that difficult and buying the parts separately means you can shop for the best prices while having the best components. Pre-built PC's from Dell and HP tend of focus on publicizing CPU speed and hard drive size, it's the rest of the components they'll scrimp on while still charging you premium prices. Try heading over to Newegg; I've built the last two PC's from parts I've bought there. Also, if you live outside of California, you don't pay taxes! this can save you a couple bills in taxes!

Back