Good laptops for music production?

DezzEDM

Hi all, Im finally getting back into music production after about 2 years away from it and am looking to buy a new laptop to produce on. I use FL Studio 11 and have looked at a few laptops that arent overly expensive that i think may be good. What are the most important things to have in a laptop for production? Like how much ram and memory and processors etc?
And can you give reasonable examples

Make sure you getting something with a lot of storage. My computers all maxed out and it’s a real ***** dealing with an external hard drive for me lol

This is a trivial question - I think the make and model doesn't really matter as much as the amount of space and the amount of ram that you have. Spec wise for me - I've found that Gaming PC's have worked in my favor for music production. Thats just to give you some insight on a threshold that you can follow.

Get a used MacBook pro. I bought a 2011 model about 3 years ago for 500 bucks and it has served me well. I did upgrade the memory and get a SSD drive to make it more efficient, but not totally necessary.

Back